The 2002 Bonaire Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neil,

Those are some outstanding pics you took in July.

It looks as though I might have to put the Red Sea on my "wish list" :D

I had to check out my luggage to ensure airline compliance before I get to the airport. Of course it had to be packed to really be sure, and I doubt there will be any need to unpack it in the next 13 days.
By the way nice shirts!

Dave

Thanks for the endorsement on the pics socald.

sea nmf has kindly offered a small spot in her carry on so provided I can arrange it in time, I'll have a new gismo to play with.

Three cheers for Becky!!

Neil

Natasha once bubbled...
Denton: Sandy can still be part of your three way. Or part of ours.
Two menage-a-trois! :wink: This trip gets more interesting by the second!

I have decided that if I don't get shots of the following items, I am never ever going to leave Bonaire:

1. Sea horse
2. Frog fish (yellow)
3. 52.5 puffers (minimum of three varieties)
4. Green moray

Sandy

PS - Anyone know if there is internet access at the Plaza Resort?

Sandy I finally got an answer for you. It's from Steve Cywin who you know from Wreckmania and who was on my last Bonaire trip.

Basically, the rooms have standard RJ-11 (US style) phone jacks. If your ISP provider has a local phone number in Bonaire, then all you need to do is write down the number before you go and logon once you get there. You will get charged for a local phone call like you would in any hotel, but that's it.

If your ISP does not have a local number, then you might want to sign up with another ISP that does have one before going. I use attglobal.net and they have a local number in Bonaire.

Steve

Hey Mom,

Does this mean we will be receiving daily updates and pics of all the fesitvities? :D

Bon voyage to all going on the trip, hope it is a HOOT, don't forget to bring me back my T-shirt. :jester:

I will not have a lap top with me. But I will visit the cyber cafe and try to post something while we're down there.
My gear is packed, but no clothes yet.
Just a reminder to everyone.. put idenification inside your bags as well as outside.
And somewhere in or out, put down 'Staying at he Plaza Resort' and the dates you will be there.
In the case that someone else in Bonaire takes your bag to their hotel, and opens it, they will know where to return it. Unless of course your gear is better then theirs.
:wink:

If you need a copy of the itinerary please print it from the web site.
www.scubamaniatrips.com
Go to " Bonaire" and then "Bonaire Itinerary."
Thanks!

Yippee! My film was put on my desk while I was at lunch. This was the last major item I was waiting for.

I'm ready to leave now. Natasha, can you change my ticket? (Just kidding).

-becky

Just 21 more hours before I get on my flight! Woo-hoo! Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones!

I finally got my camera yesterday (Canon S40 with UW housing). I meant to get it last week so that I could play with it and get familiar with its workings. Unfortunately (and I know this is pretty bad), I will not be able to even touch the thing until I leave for my flight at 5am. I am just going to pray that I have all the accessories and that everything works!

PS - sorry if this has been discussed before but do I need a converter/adapter to use the power outlets in the hotel for charging batteries and powering the laptop?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom