The 2002 Bonaire Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that is determination! Good for you! See you soon.

-becky

I've been thinking about the bouancy issues also. Another concern is my usefulness as a dive buddy. Hmm. I'm still playing with my gear to find potential problems but I think I will be ok. Thanks to Natasha's t-shirt design they may not even notice my cast (although the new one may be a different color). Pretty good camouflage don't ya think? (re: my new profile picture. hehehe)

Denton

PS. Natasha, you might want to remove me from the volleyball list :^( but keep me on the eating lists. I need my nutrition to heal!

Denton:
The new picture is great. But I think you should take one more so the date shows on the T shirt. Just move your cast down a little bit.. oh wait.. would that cut off your head?
Ok to the single ladies.. this whole thing could be a ploy for sympathy .. ya know .." My arm is broken.. Can you put some tanning oil on my back?" Or " My arm is broken , Can you feed me?" Or worse yet ..oh we won't go there!
Good thing I know Denton well, ( this is 4th time on one of my trips) and I trust he would never stoop to such levels! Denton, my friend, hope the pain isn't too bad, and glad you're still going to Bonaire! Again!
:)

Denton-

This is gonna screw up your ability to take photos, huh? That's a drag.

Don't worry too much about being a good buddy. Being a photography already means you are not a great buddy, usually.

I'm sure someone with lots of diving experience will buddy with you and your bad arm won't be needed to assist them unless an unusual situation arises.

-becky

Actually, Denton and I have been on the phone, (nice talking to you yesterday) and we came up with a buddy plan. I haven't ran it by his buddies yet, but since he is on the 10:30 boats, I was going to buddy him with the 'Almighty Bob', and the 'water comfortable Sandy', and let them have a 3 man/ woman buddy system. With three of them together they can't lose!
I'm still waiting for the final thumbs up from Steve.

Denton-

Yikes! Ice skating? :nono: In the midst of summer? The beach wouldn've been safer, no? Lucky it was your left hand (unless you are left-handed).

So we'll have to work out a buddy plan. As for the photography, you point with the good hand, and I'll snap away. Well, as soon as I get my camera - hopefully next week!

Yeah, I know. Stay away from the water when it's solid. Live and learn.

You guys are great; Natasha is setting me up with the "Almighty Bob" (how can you go wrong there?) and SunshineFish is providing the ultimate "point and shoot" underwater photography!

How does Natasha find such great people to dive with?

Sunshine, what camera are you getting? It better hold lots of film 'cuz I might be pointing at everything!

Ok, the broken arm is cramping up trying to type at this weird angle. (It did get me out of helping two people move, and off a not so good golf team!)

Sixteen days?

Denton

Blimey,

Been off board for a little while, spending so much time trying to get to grips with Adobe premiere, and the Bonaire thread has moved on 3 pages.

Natasha, t-shirt arrived today, fabulous, and I'm up for volleyball and the italian and proberbly most activites excepting the Curacao trip having been in March.

Can I be cheeky?

I would like to purchase the Super Macro Lens for my L&M housing, maybe get some cracking seahorse shots in Bonaire. It is $150 cheaper in the US than over here in England. Would anyone with a small amount of space in their hand luggage be prepared to bring it over for me if I pay for it and ask for it to be delivered to your address?

If anyone would like a look, here are some shots of my July trip to Red Sea. I saw my first Hammerhead and got close enough to see the nice sandy colour of this shark but true to my form this was the morning I left the Lens cap on the camera, still I saw another in the afternoon but just not close enough for a great picture.

www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291528489

See you all in 2 weeks, wow.

Neil

Neil:
I'm so glad you liked the T shirt. Is there anyway the lens could go in the checked luggage? The hand luggage will be tight.
Denton:
Update on the buddy thing. David and I talked about it. Since he has been your buddy in the past, he said he'd rather buddy with you, so Bob and I can buddy together. Sandy can still be part of your three way. Or part of ours.
Plus he said he likes to rise early (unlike me) and he wants to shore dive early, before breakfast, and the 10:30 dives. He said you like to do this too.
So anyway, we'll probably change up a bit, but for the beginning of the week go with this plan. OK with all?
Anyone packed yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom