The 1st SB Phil. Paradise Divers Dive-O-Rama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey guys it was a pleasure to to dive with all of you guys, my body's a bit sore frm the long dives but it was totally worth it. thanks caloy, jon, jag, paolo, mathew, iris and all the others who joined as well. we should be in the works for another dive-o-rama part 2:)

what say you jon, chip and caloy? home resort natin? hehe looking forward to diving again soon. lets just remember to space out when were diving all together again. si mmda paolo had quite his hands full:)

home resort on december? aquaventure reef club? sure! :D

mmda chairman paolo....wahahahaha

seriously, i wanna thank all of you guys for the experience. we finally did it. to caloy, pao & jai who i think originally planned the dive o rama, to jag for the great artwork, carlo for always being available for a dive, matthew...good luck on your rescue course, and of course to chip & iris for joining the event. to all our "guests" who joined this "eyeball", ellen & diver's point for "unofficially" being the LDS of SB PPD, to the portulano crew headed by arnel & his wife...salamat po!

i learned a lot this week end & i am quite sure that i've become a much better diver as an end result...to you all...maraming salamat! :wink:

ps. matt...avatar mo swak na swak hehehe :D

jonix:
i learned a lot this week end & i am quite sure that i've become a much better diver as an end result...to you all...maraming salamat! :wink:

that you are bro! with that kind of attitude you are on your way to becoming a totally wholistic and aware diver safe diver

Yes, it was a pleasure meeting you all, putting faces to the names. Thanks for the hospitality Pao! Looking forward to the next DOR, hopefully next time those who couldn't join can make it next time (axua, partridge, Haltron, divejulz, lai rallos, Van, phildiver88, gaudencio, micamaldita, anyone else living here that I missed...) but we also have gotta get some SB members abroad to join us (You all know who you are)!

So this is the dive report of the Dive o Rama according to Chip:

In general the waves were choppy. Really made fun for diving in the shallows - I felt like going to sleep! But it was a pain in the butt for trying to untwist the plastic bags off the corals (I have the cuts on my fingers to show!). I enjoyed the ridges and finning through them. Made me feel like a commando! haha. It was my first time doing shore dives, so I must say that it was pretty fun jumping in first then having your equipment thrown at you.

1st Dive: Really fun checking out the diving in front of portulano. Nice wall, viz was decent since the waves hadn't picked up as much yet. Saw the moray that pao pointed out. Noticed a lot of COTs. Posing for the pic was fun. Can anyone post a full one of us?

2nd Dive: Viz was so so. Checked out the artificial reefs laid down. Not alot of coral settlement, but the fish recruitment was good. Saw a pregnant pufferfish. Saw a whole school of fish grazing on the algae. Out of the 3 batches, we caught the least COTs (3 na lang pero we had a whole lot garbage to be proud of!).

3rd dive: Viz wasn't good. Got my masked knocked off accidentally by Monique - pretty darn funny. Got separated twice from the group. First time with Rej, Vince and Iris. But were able to find our way back. Second time was cause I was so intent on untangling a shirt smothering a coral - it took Iris and I about 2 mins. When we looked up, no one was around. It was only 20ft depth and we had 1500psi left so we eventually made our way to the pier (although Iris was much more calm than I was).

The SIs were also fun. I enjoyed the buffet but didn't have a chance to sample the kebabs since they were all gone. Nothing like a hot bowl of sinigang to warm you up!

Spoon, I'm definitely down for a future DOR location at AquaV. Till then, if you, vince & co. are gonna go during the week, give me a PM. I'm curious to see what's "downer". :) It's a small world bro.

Just dropping by to thank you all for a really great time yesterday at Portulano. You guys rock! Sana I get to join you guys uli sometime. :)

gip:
Just dropping by to thank you all for a really great time yesterday at Portulano. You guys rock! Sana I get to join you guys uli sometime. :)

hey gip welcome tho the boards glad you dropped by, pm me when you go drill in someones head as prev stated:)

to sum it up.

The weather forecast were correct and true, there were 7 foot waves that rolled , but HEY that didn't stop you guys huh?!

Saturday nite when you guys left the waves came a rolling!!! however next morning sunday , well, just me and proabably MAt on the next resort can say THE SEA WAS DEAD CALM and FLAT !!! WHOOOHOOOOOO !!! sorry no pictures .... i'll just cherish it in memory just like anyother memories of dive i have. ... hehhehehhe

TO ALL IT WAS A PLEASURE MEETING YOU GUYS !!!

TO DIVERS POINT / ELLEN THANK YOU FOR YOUR TOTAL SUPPORT !!! join us tag along CHarles.

TO Portulano Candy and Arnel, thank you for hosting the group and moving the clean-up date for the guys.

TO ALL OF YOU , most specially to NETDOC, TECH ADMIN, and to the rest of SCUBABOARD , YOU ROCK !!!!:yelclap:

the pleasure is mine gip. Do join us in the 2nd meet in November. Just log in from time to time (post too) for info or better yet post your sms number.

Lex and Hazel, pleasure to meet you too. Post your SMS too.

Chip, good dive bro, I dont have your SMS number yet.

Iris, you just have to post the pix now!!! excited na kami.

Jag and Vanni, great diving with you.

Matthew, dive tayo ulit.

Spoon and Jonix, what can I say. The original ppd cowboys? We should dive more often now.

Paolo, thanks for being patient, funny and accommodating.

For all intents and purposes, the 1st SB PPD dive was a success. Thank you all.

To some of the other divers not named, sorry narc na ako, memory loss. hehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom