Thanks Mike_S!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
When SB implemented the new and improved "New Posts" button Mike_S suggested that there be a user name search integrated into it as well. Initially I didn't follow exactly what his suggestion was, but El Orans did and worked it in.

Since this has been implemented I find that being able to pull up the new posts for the threads I'm participating in to be a great feature!

Mike, thanks for the suggestion and El, thanks for the quick implementation!

how about a "search your user name in thread format" in the pull down menu?

Yeah I know User CP is similar to this, but it only shows subscribed threads.

what I'm talking about is the same as Advanced Search --> enter User name --> Search.

It will show posts you've posted in (including ones you don't subscribe to) in the "thread" format (and not the "each post" format.

BTW... thanks for fixing this with the clickable link and the pull down on the side. works much better.

Why dont you just click on their/your user name and then "find more posts by?"

Or am I missing something?

Find more posts will list all posts.

The requested link will list all threads the user has posted in.

yeah I really like this feature..... one of the "first hits" I do when I come to SB.

thanks to El Orans and anyone else who helped implement it! :D)

EDIT: don't you think it's kinda ironic that there isn't a "THANKS" button in the kudo's thread forum?

Can we get a specific search thingy for Onespeed's Hot Chick Thread to separate blondes, brunettes, redheads, etc.?:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom