Thanks for the Bar-B-Q dinner! It was super!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I wandered around DEMA for 2 days wearing the same hat as in my picture here, looking for other SB folks, particuarly the Head Honchos, but I never found the latter. A few SB members did recognize me and stop me for a chat. That was nice!

I wrote down the instructions to BackDraft BBQ in Highlands so many times for others that I didn't have to look when ScubaJoe and I headed out. He did have to help me with the exits a bit, less I pull a farm-boy maneuver to hit one at a glance, :eek: but we made it without any close calls. I ran into a fellow there who asked me if I was the host, and I advised that I was not, asking who he was. "I go by NetDoc." :silly: "Uh, yes sir - I believe that you are the host here?!"

I was just getting to know people I'd previously only knew by keystrokes, my shootin' hand wrapped around a cold longneck, when ReneeC called to say that she couldn't get a ride for another hour! "No problem, hon! Be there shortly" It was only 40 odd miles round trip, a small thing for a cowboy to do for a lady.

Back at the eatin' place, it was really nice to meet to meet NetDoc, Tech Admin, Natasha, Dee, and several other nice folks from this wonderful board. We dined on bodacious BBQ & fixins, Natasha even brought a wonderful cake, and we swaped several stories - with the best being NetDoc's attack by a moma manatee! And then we had the raffles...!!

The Bossman brought a lot of special edition SB golf shirts, a crate of SB coffee mugs, and a very large number of stickers, and with the unfortunate no-show rate from the members and guests who cofimred coming, then didn't - everyone got a shirt, a mug, and a supply of stickers! :dazzler1: Super deal.

I think the remaining special edition shirts may be offered for sale in the near future. 50-50 preshrunk cotton/poly blend. Don't miss the chance to have one of your own. :thumb:

And thanks again, Big Guy!

Don:
I agree. Even with just 17 of us total I believe, the party was a big hit.

Thank you to NetDoc our host and Dee our hostess with the mostest!
The food was spectacular!

And my dear Don, you are much better looking in person then in your photo.

Ladies take note!

Thanks for the bbq NetDoc. It was great to meet our fearless leader.

I had a great time, meeting people that I only new by their board names. Thanks again NetDoc for this event.

DiverG:
It was great to finally meet you. You look great! Keep up the good work!

Killed me to miss DEMA this year, not to mention the BBQ and a chance to visit with folks. I'm glad things have worked out for everyone, and that the BBQ was a success. Feel free to ship any extra ribs, beef and pork on dry ice...

Ya know...

winning the drysuit was way cool!

talking with manufacturer and resort reps was cool.

Booking a flight to Fiji was also way cool.

Meeting real friends that I never met for REAL Texan dinner: Priceless! :D

Mucho thanks to Dee for making all the preps, for the Backdraft for being such great hosts, to Natasha & Marci for the "ScubaBoard" cake and for everyone who found the time to spend some quality time with other "ScubaBoardians".

I am so sorry I missed the BBQ too sounded like a great time. I'm planning now to attend next year. Plans for a ScubaBoard get together then?

Becky

Sorry I bugged out early - I really enjoyed meeting you folks and eating mass quantities of barbeque!

I thouroughly enjoyed meeting the Grand Poobah, Net Doc - the mysterious Net Admin - my good friends from barbeques long ago - Dee, Beast & Natasha - and of course all the new faces..........

I got to A&M about 7:30PM and Jieh and friend were quite ready for dinner - They didn't seem to mind that I ate about 25% of it and put the rest in a to-go, which I convieniently left with them! Got home about 11:45 - so I met my goal of getting home while it was still Saturday!

Thanks so much.... Brigids already counting her coins thinking of Las Vegas and some veiled comments about Chippendales....

Thanks!

We had a blast!Too bad all you folks we were expecting missed it. Thanks Pete and Ted for a great day at DEMA, it's cool to watch the pro's work the crowd :D. Seeing old friends is always great but meeting new ones, especially 'net ones, can sometimes be a once in a lifetime thing...let's make sure that's not the case! I've been 'talking' to ScubaJoe since I first joined the board so it was a special treat to finally meet him. And I wouldn't have missed meeting Dandy Don, a true Texas gentleman.

Thanks to all who made the effort to attend and an extra thanks to Pete for the SB goodies. :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom