Thank You Global Warming.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mopar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thanks to global warming I got a snow day today. It hardly snows in my part of the south but we got a little today (snow that is). So I got my son and we rode on the four wheeler to do our part of carbon emissions to insure more freezing weather. :coffee:

Keep it down there please!!!!! Way too freakn cold these days!!

BTW is "mopar" as in Chrysler Mopar?

Keep it down there please!!!!! Way too freakn cold these days!!

BTW is "mopar" as in Chrysler Mopar?

Yes. It use to be all I would drive before gas got so high. Now I drive a recalled Toyota.

...we got a little today (snow that is). :coffee:
Hey Mike, I stayed at the shop until 3:00pm. I had to park my truck out on the main highway and hike it in 3 miles to my house. I'll be hiking out tomorrow to retrieve it. I had a nice head of steam to get up the last hill and would have been home free. But as usual, the idiot drivers all piled up on the hill and I was able to avoid piling in on them. Had to back out a mile before I could turn around and go park it. :furious:

You guys have snow where you never used to have snow. Meanwhile in Toronto, we've had almost no snow this winter. We've actually been able to see our grass almost all winter. Most of the time, it's been unseasonably warm. Weather patterns are strange everywhere...

However, today, we are unseasonably cold at minus 23C (-9F) with the windchill. Brrr! :cold: And people actually dive here in this!! :laughsnow:

Hey Mike, I stayed at the shop until 3:00pm. I had to park my truck out on the main highway and hike it in 3 miles to my house. I'll be hiking out tomorrow to retrieve it. I had a nice head of steam to get up the last hill and would have been home free. But as usual, the idiot drivers all piled up on the hill and I was able to avoid piling in on them. Had to back out a mile before I could turn around and go park it. :furious:

I am glad I took a half of a vacation day that day. When I left work it was not doing nothing. I did not think it would do anything but rain. Me and my son Brett rode the four wheeler for a couple of hours untill it got so bad he wanted to go back home.

You guys have snow where you never used to have snow. Meanwhile in Toronto, we've had almost no snow this winter. We've actually been able to see our grass almost all winter. Most of the time, it's been unseasonably warm. Weather patterns are strange everywhere...

However, today, we are unseasonably cold at minus 23C (-9F) with the windchill. Brrr! :cold: And people actually dive here in this!! :laughsnow:

I thought I loved to dive. I could not handle diving in dry. I dive wet even in the winter. Water temp. of 50 air temp in the 40's. Some would think that is warm not me.:D

Of course you are using the older phrase "global warming" to refer to the weather itself. The fact that the Earth's temperature is increasing does NOT mean that all regions will experience warming. The alteration of climate due to changes in average temperature globally could bring one region increased warmth, but another colder temperatures depending on how it affects wind patterns such as the jet stream. Some areas will become drier, other areas will become wetter. It's all a matter of where you live.

Hey Dr Bill, Way back when, my Grade 6 teacher told us about global warming and that hot places would get colder and cold places would get warmer. I'm sure that's too simplistic, though. He had said that Southern Ontario would get warmer while the southern U.S. would get colder eventually. I guess we have seen a bit of that... We've had more precipitation, even rain, in the last few years due to the warmer temperatures than we've ever had in the winter. Now when we get a cold spell like the last couple of days, we're not used to it...

Any idea what areas will be colder, warmer, wetter, drier eventually? Thanks! :wink:

It depends on the NATURAL heating and cooling of the earth and the change of season durations and characteristics as it has for MILLIONS of years. Except for that period when the Neanderthals were feeding mammoths extra rich grass and their farts caused the last period of global warming.

Back
Top Bottom