Thank you Dive Alert !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not until you promise to cool it. :)

A lot of the criticism of noise-makers is rooted in their misuse, not their use.

I wouldn't want a buddy constantly poking me in the arm, or waving frantically to get my attention, to go 'Ew! Ew! Look! Another school of French Grunts in Bonaire!'

On the other hand, I like being able to get each others attention at some distance.

Glad to hear the Dive Alert maker gave good support.

How does the loudness of a Dive Alert Plus underwater compare to a tank banger?

Richard.

Next thing you know they'll be telling us to not use our tank bangers/noisemakers/floo-floobers/tar-tinkers/ in CAVES.

I fire the spear gun just in front of the diver when I want to get their attention ....:shocked2:

Jim....

Last edited:
+1 on buddy procedures. I cut a tank banger off a tank recently. Everything dude saw, he was banging on it. You could hear that thing for days and after 3 dives I couldn't stand it.
Yeah, yeah, you're mister bad-@ss diver...Heard it before. I call BS on your fable. Cut something off my gear- you'd either be eating your knife blade first, or wondering why your BC bubbles when you try to go up. Who are you two (yeah, I'm including you, Jim) to determine what people use and carry underwater? The frigging Scuba Police? Give me a break.

To the OP, how do you like your Dive Alert? I've been looking at getting one, my regular dive buddy is a 75 year old who does not hear well at all. So far, my only way of attracting his attention is to wait for him to glance at me, or swim into his field of view. I think something like this would be good for getting his attention in Bonaire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom