Thank you Dive Alert !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

axop

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am using for almost a year a "Dive Alert Plus" which I (ab)use on an almost weekly base down here in Fla.
Works perfect under water and is a great safety asset above water, I highly recommend Dive Alert Plus as one of the smartest, highest quality and affordable safety / alert / communication tools. Close to 100 dives with it in ocean and never a problem.
Last weekend I lost (my fault) the upper part of the assembly and contacted Dive Alert to find out if they only sell this specific part.
Within 2 hrs I had a response from Dive Alert (Dan Warter) that they will send me the requested part free of any charge... WOW that is fast, reliable & generous customer service of a company which stands behind their great product.
Thank you ! :D

I can't help but wonder why you are using your Dive Alert so often. I've had mine for years and have only used it twice.

I can't help but wonder why you are using your Dive Alert so often. I've had mine for years and have only used it twice.

I use the underwater mode often, as a way to attract my dive buddy's attention--I believe that's the purpose of that mode.

Annoying. :)

+1 on buddy procedures. I cut a tank banger off a tank recently. Everything dude saw, he was banging on it. You could hear that thing for days and after 3 dives I couldn't stand it.

Regardless of ya'alls annoyance factor with a product. Kindly STFU and stay on topic. This is about giving kudos to a manufacturer for outstanding customer support.

Posts that strike out at the OP like this tend to make people stop posting and we can all miss out on valuable information.

OK, I will get off my soapbox now.

Hey OK. I'll kudos my Dive Alert. Excellent product. Have had it for years. Will replace it if and when it fails. Over use of the DA has become a secondary issue in this thread thst the OP brought up himself.

I knew as soon as I wrote the comment that it would draw out the comments on the evils of underwater noisemakers and how they're no substitute for proper buddy procedures. Do you guys feel better having said your piece?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom