Thailand, what are the chances for this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiilldd1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am supposed to fly through Bangkok on Sunday on the way to Phuket. I am stuck in Bangkok for the night. The only information I am getting is by the internet.:confused:

Does anyone in Thailand have any inside iformation that this will be able to happen by then?

I am trying to be optimistic!

Thanks in advance!

Right now I'd give you about 5% chance of this happening.
Both major civil airports in Bangkok are in 'state of emergency' status, the military seems to be gearing up, who knows where this is heading to and how long it will last.

It's possible that civil air traffic may be re-directed to U-Tapao, the Pattaya airport however when or of it will happen is unclear at this moment.

Where are you now?
If you are not in Thailand yet, there are flights going directly to Phuket from other destinations (e.g. Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, etc)

If you are in Thailand already I would second Aquasam's advice.

You can find bus info here:
www.transport.co.th
Assuming you don't read Thai you need to:
1. Click on the link at the bottom of the first page to enter the site, then
2. Click on the third menu item from the left in the top row (ตารางเวลาเดินร&#3606:wink:
3. Click on the fourth row in the table (ภาคใต&#3657:wink:

Then you can read info in English regarding bus times and fares to Phuket and find phone numbers for the various bus companies.

Note that English is written UNDERNEATH the Thai so the relevant times for Bangkok - Phuket on the first bus company (VIP buses) would be:
Fare: 1,047 THB; Distance 867KM; Length of trip: 11.50 Hours;
Departures from BKK 07.30,17.30,18.00, 18.30,19.00
Departures from Phuket: 07.30,16.00,17.00, 18.00

Hope this helps anyone who might be looking for a way to get to Phuket or any other spot in the south.

Be advised that while :catfight: insanity continues to plague the capital buses are like to fill up quickly as there are many folks in a similar predicament. :shakehead:

Cheers!

Thanks for the responses.

I will try to get my ticket changed to maybe go through Hong Kong. There is a direct flight from Hong Kong to Phuket.

Hope to join you in the warm waters soon!

Unfortunately everything is sold out from Hong Kong. I had to reschedule for the end of January, this time from Hong Kong. I hope they get this B.S. sorted out by then.

Man, this is getting really worrisome. I am sorry, Willdd. I hope all works out for you. This mess has really put people in a bind. I hope that I am going to make Phuket (via Bangkok) on Dec 20th for our liveaboard.

Good luck everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom