Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been shooting macro on Olympus TG-5/PT-058 with one YS-01 strobe on TTL. Recently got an YS-02 (TTL only) and a backscatter M52 air lens. I also indulged into a mini flash/snoot combo.

The M52 comes with an optical adapter that directs the optical cable upwards, but it can only take one optical cable, as opposed to two without the M52, which is strange because you'd think that you'd use two strobes with a wide(r) lens.

What are my options:

1. Get a split optical cable that costs as much as the M52 lens (!)
2. Plug my YS-02 into the YS-01?

Ideas and pics of your setup would be awesome!

I've been shooting macro on Olympus TG-5/PT-058 with one YS-01 strobe on TTL. Recently got an YS-02 (TTL only) and a backscatter M52 air lens. I also indulged into a mini flash/snoot combo.

The M52 comes with an optical adapter that directs the optical cable upwards, but it can only take one optical cable, as opposed to two without the M52, which is strange because you'd think that you'd use two strobes with a wide(r) lens.

What are my options:

1. Get a split optical cable that costs as much as the M52 lens (!)
2. Plug my YS-02 into the YS-01?

Ideas and pics of your setup would be awesome!
I had the same issue so I just built my own dual optical cable for under $20.00. I ordered optical cable from Amazon and the needed connectors from Backscatter. There are plenty of instructions here and on on Wetpixel about how to build it. I'm not mechanically inclined so if I can do it then anyone can. I've used them on multiple dive trips without any issues and the fact the cables are thicker gives me a peace of mind that they are better protected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom