TG photos, Show us what you shot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice blenny. Not familar with that one. AT first thought its a roughhead.

Tg5 no strobe/housing

Attachments

• B32A4EFF-767A-4213-B327-EDB08D049923.gif
    B32A4EFF-767A-4213-B327-EDB08D049923.gif
    323.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DCF9F788-F0CA-4D65-B16E-A73CF6BA3176.gif
    DCF9F788-F0CA-4D65-B16E-A73CF6BA3176.gif
    475.6 KB · Views: 70
  • C6F97795-EE8D-4C44-90D5-B8ADAFDDD77E.gif
    C6F97795-EE8D-4C44-90D5-B8ADAFDDD77E.gif
    451.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 26235155-B77D-4683-9042-27C916D11BBB.gif
    26235155-B77D-4683-9042-27C916D11BBB.gif
    481.5 KB · Views: 70
Opinions......I recently got a TG-6 and housing. Now trying to build around it.

If I could come up with enough to purchase 2 light sources which would be better?

2 Video lights so I could some video and mostly macro
2 Strobe lights since doing mostly macro
1 strobe and 1 video light?

Of course I know occasionally I would take some wider shots when I see something big but really wanted to start doing more macro

As of right now leaning video only but that was only one device. I might can swing 2 so now undecided and wondering what the best bang would be.

Thanks

If I could come up with enough to purchase 2 light sources which would be better?

Of course I know occasionally I would take some wider shots when I see something big but really wanted to start doing more macro

As of right now leaning video only but that was only one device. I might can swing 2 so now undecided and wondering what the best bang would be.

Thanks
I do mostly macro (see my IG, etc.) so I was looking for the strobe to work well and for a year or so (whenever they came out) I had the Inon Z-330 Type 2 and really loved it. When I went to the 2nd strobe I picked up the Inon (Both from Backscatter) When I added the 2nd strobe I picked up the Backscatter MW-4300, primarily as a focus light. Turns out it works well as a video light .
My Camera setup.jpg

I'm running an Inon D200 on the right and a back scatter MW 4300 on the left with a TG-5.

The video light works great as a video light and a focus light and a primary dive light on night dives. I was torn between a second strobe and a video light, turns out I don't enjoy shooting video too much, or more precisely editing video. Next up will be a wide angle wet lens and then a second strobe, moving the MW to the cold shoe.

Thanks

It depends on what you really want to do.
The tg-6 is amazing at macro videos. See this one I recorded using the backscatter mw-4300 video light

The above is less than perfect because I had to use video editing software to remove hand-shake but cropping the edges of the video. Thus rendering it with less resolution. Still not bad IMO.

I mentioned this before as well, I used the video light as my primary photograph light and was able to mostly take photographs between 1/100 and up to 1/160 most of the time - albeit usually between 200 and 400 ISO.

With the strobe, I am always at ISO 100 and shutter speeds between 1/120 and 1/600.

I now have a backscatter macro strobe mf-01 and the video light.

If you get a strobe only, you cannot record videos.
If you get a video light, you can do both but struggle with photographs. But the positive with video light and photographs is that you see exposure (shutter speed) in real time. But there will be a bit of a struggle.

I will add that if you get a strobe with a strong focus light like the Inon, you can use it for macro video. They do not recommend leaving it on for extended periods of time, it will shut itself off after 15 minutes.

I do mostly macro (see my IG, etc.) so I was looking for the strobe to work well and for a year or so (whenever they came out) I had the Inon Z-330 Type 2 and really loved it. When I went to the 2nd strobe I picked up the Inon (Both from Backscatter) When I added the 2nd strobe I picked up the Backscatter MW-4300, primarily as a focus light. Turns out it works well as a video light .View attachment 741535
Nice setup...something like that eventually is my goal. Do you have to take off the wide angle lens when doing the macro?

Mostly macro is what I'm wanting to try and get into. I've mainly videoed for years and now decided that it's not ideal for me. I have tons of un-edited videos that are just taking up space and I really appreciate the awesome pics I see of macro.

I'm running an Inon D200 on the right and a back scatter MW 4300 on the left with a TG-5.

The video light works great as a video light and a focus light and a primary dive light on night dives. I was torn between a second strobe and a video light, turns out I don't enjoy shooting video too much, or more precisely editing video. Next up will be a wide angle wet lens and then a second strobe, moving the MW to the cold shoe.

I feel you on the editing.....used a GoPro the last few years and have a ton of .mp4 files to edit. Easier to just delete or keep pics.

At least the TG-6 has good video capabilities if I do see something to video.

Thanks for sharing you setup....I've seen some of your pics and they turned out very nice.

I feel you on the editing.....used a GoPro the last few years and have a ton of .mp4 files to edit. Easier to just delete or keep pics.

At least the TG-6 has good video capabilities if I do see something to video.

Thanks for sharing you setup....I've seen some of your pics and they turned out very nice.
Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom