Texas Dive Sites - Garmin POI File

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe-Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey Swampers!

Had some time to kill this morning, so I created a Point of Interest (POI) file for my Garmin Nuvi. It has all the dive sites I could readily think of and is a .csv so you can load it up to your GPS if you have one. There's also a little dive flag .bmp so each point is a little flag. I tested it out on my Nuvi and it works just fine.

Since many folks ask/wonder where these sites are we talk about and dive, I thought this could be handy for those folks with a GPS.

If anyone has any suggestions, corrections or additions, please let me know and I'll add them to the file. Currently the intent of the file is just "how to get there" and doesn't have any contact information, but that could be added later easily.

I'm going to upload it to POI Factory and maintain it, so if you do have anything for it please let me know so I can keep the master file updated.

Just rt Click on the link and save it: (on my Mac anyway)

Texas Dive Sites (Garmin)
Texas Dive Sites (Tom Tom)
Dive Flag

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom