Texas Dive Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow that's a really sad list of exhibitors, I don't think that's worth my time or gas to travel to Austin for. I wonder what made them switch the show to Austin when it was originally supposed to be in Dallas?

Wow that's a really sad list of exhibitors, I don't think that's worth my time or gas to travel to Austin for. I wonder what made them switch the show to Austin when it was originally supposed to be in Dallas?

Yeah, if memory serves, the exhibitors in Irving last year outnumbered this list easily.

I don't know....I hate to say this, but, as much as a diving crowd that we have here in TX, we just don't have people that research the sport online. While Scubaboard is probably the biggest online community, it always surprises me how many divers in my area have never even heard of it, or do not bother to register for a free account. I understand that there are vacation divers out there that just opt for blue water, but based on the numbers that hit the local dive parks....I just don't see anywhere near that number posting in this forum.

Just my 2 psi....or was that 1 psi? :D

Safe dives,

Cyp

Last edited:
No I completely agree. I feel like I will struggle to find diving buddies in my area just to hit up the local dive spots and we live in a metro of over 5 million people with one of the strongest local economies in the entire nation. I think it all boils down to the fact that the majority of divers get certified for that one trip they will take on their honeymoon or they plan for it to turn into a hobby but let it slide when they see the commitment it takes time wise and monetarily.

I have talked to a few friends about doing some local lake diving and they scoffed at the idea due to the water temps below the Thermoclines, sadly the mass majority just do't want to go to the trouble if the water isn't crystal clear and warm. That leaves the rest of us nut jobs to search one another out here on the forums and it becomes our job to spread the word and get other people interested/involved in the local scuba scene.

Best,

Tejas

Looking at the list, I don't think all of the exhibitors are listed. I understand American Diving is going to be there and they are not listed, unless they are part of the SPI booth. But, yes, there are not may exhibitors. Hopefully, there will be more added in the next week.

Looking at the list, I don't think all of the exhibitors are listed. I understand American Diving is going to be there and they are not listed, unless they are part of the SPI booth. But, yes, there are not may exhibitors. Hopefully, there will be more added in the next week.

I hope so as well, Ron. The last time I looked Scubaboard was not listed, but I know Pete is going to be there as he has posted and told me via PM. Texas diving needs a good kick in the seat of the pants and I hope this show goes well. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it, but I hope attendance soars! :)

Safe dives,

Cyp

I plan to be in Austin that weekend, and will probably attend.
I've seen both the Hilton and the Convention center listed as show sites.

So has anyone officially booked for this? I live in Austin and glistened for the 50% off ticket on the website. The confirmation email lists the address of the airport Hilton as the location for the event, which seems odd because it's pretty darn small. I really want to go check this out and am just curious if others are seeing the same thing, I was expecting this to be at the convention center or the downtown hilton that's associated with it.

If it is in fact at the airport Hilton 9515 hotel drive, then I'm starting to understand the previous comments about size.

Either way I plan to be there,
-E

I'll be attending.. I've got a few questions for various vendors and it'll be fun to hang out at the SB booth as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom