Texas Dive Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've not been to a dive show in the Austin area, but I understand there is one scheduled for February 24-25. Has anyone had experience with this show or know more about it (how many venders, whether it is well attended, are there worthwhile presentations and booths, etc...)? Any information is greatly appreciated. For me, it's a 5 hour drive to get there, and an organization has asked me if I'd be interested in assisting with a booth as a volunteer.

I'm also trying to figure out a way to get some dives in on the Comal River again, around the dive show, and it would be great to see some fellow swampers in that area. :D

Thanks for any info you can provide!
Bill

Hi Bill,

The last show in Austin that I checked into looked like a real waste of gas to get there. For what it is worth, here is a link,

Texas Dive Show

No love on a list of exhibitors or a floor plan. The building is the Hilton at the airport. Unless I find something different, I am going to make the assumption it is essentially the same as last year.

I went to the first one they had in Houston after SeaSpace died....I thought it was an ok show...more travel booths than anything else but still good to catch up with old friends. Got to meet Stan Waterman too. This one is not looking too good....I do have my "free" tickets but not sure if this show will even happen.

I have not been to the show but once since SeaSpace. That was in Houston 2009. It was o.k.; however, I have been told it has been on a downhill run ever since. I have been unwilling to drive to Dallas for it and am at this point, likely not willing to even drive to Austin. My thought is, if you are an hour or more away, nix it. I really miss SeaSpace. Sucks, but I guess it is what it is...

I've not been to a dive show in the Austin area, but I understand there is one scheduled for February 24-25. Has anyone had experience with this show or know more about it (how many venders, whether it is well attended, are there worthwhile presentations and booths, etc...)? Any information is greatly appreciated. For me, it's a 5 hour drive to get there, and an organization has asked me if I'd be interested in assisting with a booth as a volunteer.

I'm also trying to figure out a way to get some dives in on the Comal River again, around the dive show, and it would be great to see some fellow swampers in that area. :D

Thanks for any info you can provide!
Bill

since i am less than an hour away, and the ticket was free .. i think i will check it out on the 25th. could you dive hinman island on the 26th?

Yes, Seaspace is gone but we all need to get over that and support these kind of shows. It is really all we have in Texas for now and it is always great whenever divers get together.

Now if you needed a reason to support the Texas Dive show here it is! See everyone at the show!

[h=2]Friends of Brad Nolan Support Fund[/h]
As many in the industry already know, Brad Nolan suffered a stroke a couple of weeks ago. If you don't know Brad, he's the force behind the US Dive Shows which produces a number of consumer dive shows across the nation like the one we are at here in Baltimore.

The good news is that Brad is already beginning the long process of recovery. His right side was paralysed, but he has already taken his first steps and even his first walk. His speech and lucidity are improving daily and we are greatly encouraged by his courage and tenacity. You just can't keep Brad down!

There is also good news in that Glen has competently taken the Dive Show ball and is not only making it work, but is doing an AWESOME job. There won't be any cancellations and the coming shows will still be awesome. I'll see you in Texas!

The bad news is that Brad did not have insurance. Like many small buisnessmen feeling the pinch of this economy, Brad sacrificed his safety net in order to keep the show going. That's where we need YOUR HELP and generosity to assist Brad. We are expecting his hospital bills to exceed $200,000 so David Nolan, Brad's father has set up a PayPal account to accept donations. You can also look for a number of entities like Explorer Ventures, Dan and Aqua Lung to provide travel and product for auction, raffle or whatever fun thing we can think of to raise money for Brad. Private donors like Dan and Betty Orr will be donating so that we can help out Brad, who has done an awfully lot to help out the dive community. We need you to join us!

Please PayPal your donations to Gravel42@me.com

Hey, check out the show and get your Scubaboard stickers! Netdoc and I will be there!

I'm planning to swing by as well. It really would be nice if they had a (functional) list of exhibitors though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom