TEXAS DIVE PLATES HAVE OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're grateful that the diver license plates have been a success this year.

To express our thanks, we're giving divers 3 possible ways to win one of three MyPlates gift certificates:
Tag someone in the comments of the "gifts" post on the TDP FB page. Heck, tag many someones!
Get someone else to tag you in the comments of the "gifts" post on the TDP FB page
Come to the CHUM Holiday Party

That's a lot of opportunities to get a piece of the $1350 that's being given away. The odds are good, but only if you participate!

Those are indeed awesome Protect Our Reefs and Protect Our Springs plates using a diver graphic. Too bad FL doesn’t offer a plate specific to SCUBA Diving. Hopefully it’s just a matter of time. The more states that have them, the better for our community.

Florida plates go to some sort of charity. The names reflect the charity that they support.

As one who has had considerable personal and legal involvement with the Divers Flag it is encouraging that the Texas plates have a decent white stripe.
I am delighted and happy for you and all of the divers of Texas

FYI the official recognized proportions of the red and white flag established way back in 1960 are as follows :
5 units wide X 4 units high X 1-unit stripe.

FYI -- my Texas heritage -- my great great-grandfather & uncle departed east Tennessee with Davey Crockett - one was at the Alamo, one became a state senator. The son met my great grand-mother on a cattle drive and settled down, the first child Sam 1 named in honor of Sam Houston

SAM 111

MyPlates released their favorite personalized plates of 2021. Cool to see a dive plate in there! Looks like we're in good company.

IMG_9992.jpg

IMG_9993.jpg

This is a heck of a deal. Between now and May 14th, order a Texas Dive Plate with the rebate code 5FOR3 and get a check for 40% of that back in 4-6 weeks. See the graphic below for full details. Get yours at My Plates

050222-001.jpg

I think the reference is to the words "scuba diver" being on the plate. The examples do not actually say "Scuba Diver". This may be the first plate to do so?

Yep, that's correct. This is the 1st official plate in the world to promote SCUBA diving specifically, rather than using a diver's image to communicate another message.

Hopefully other states, islands and countries will follow suit and issue SCUBA Diver license plates. We'd love to see them in CA, FL, and HI to name a few.

Back
Top Bottom