Texas Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zinc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Howdy,

What do ya'll think about having an unlocked, conditional sticky thread at the top, reserved solely for dive condition reports from those out in the swamp, wherever that may be?

Naturally certain protocols would be encouraged, w/ some perhaps required: date, location, water temp, depth, visibility, comments, etc.

To clarify, I'm not suggesting dialogue or a log of every dive; one location, one report; simply the facts, with only the divers comments, however long or short. No Reply Needed (it would be deleted).

This information is an almanac in creation, and could be moderated to ensure it's just the reports. Is that reasonable? Seems like we are the perfect resource of info right?

There are Swamp Divers in the water year round and sharing the dive condition info aids us all. If we cooperate in sharing our data and moderate the thread so it's only the dive report from the diver, nothing else, it will thrive as a sticky up top, and perhaps inspire others to dive in our beloved Texas.

What do ya'll think?

As described, it sounds like a heck of an idea. We're always wanting to know the vis, temp, etc about our favorite mudholes. I say go for it!

Sound like a good idea.

"Just the facts, maam."

So who is going to ask NetDoc to set Zinc up as a moderator for the new dive conditions thread??? :wink:

I like the idea. Give it a go. See if it works.
Call it an experiment for the moment until the results are in.

So who is going to ask NetDoc to set Zinc up as a moderator for the new dive conditions thread??? :wink:

Thanks but I'm confident our existing Mods have things very well covered :D
If not, I'd be happy to help.

Ok, I put up a new post for the sticky:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/texas-swamp-divers/262057-dive-condition-reports.html

If a moderator could please make it a sticky, that would be great, thanks! :D

Please let me know if anything in the opening objective statement needs to be added, changed, or corrected.

Who's gonna post first, I don't dive again until Thursday :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom