Texas Clipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone else get the feeling that they are waiting to see what else the EPA pulls out of their hat... and how long it is going to take to sink the Oriskany before they move forward on this?

Thanks for checking on the status...

What about getting the A&M system involved?

MichaelBaranows:
I am sure that A&M is invovled with getting there ship sunk but I am all sure the state is waiting to see what happens with the Big "O"

I doubt we're involved in any discernible way, other than writing up TAMUG press releases when the Clipper finally gets sunk. We have a professor up at the main campus that chats with Paul Hammerschmidt about marine resources occasionally. I don't think that counts. The only Clipper-related interests at present deal with retrofitting of the Sirius into the 3rd Texas Clipper. The Chauvenet's been retired from service and sent back to MARAD.

Few aggies could give a rat about coastal issues. Less than a couple thousand past and present students likely are even aware of the old Clipper's projected fate, and they're mostly all sea ags down in Galveston. Maybe a few dozen of those are regular divers, if that many.

Back
Top Bottom