Texas Clipper Trip Report 5/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wups! My fault. Sorry for the hijack and I'll be quiet now.

Wups! My fault. Sorry for the hijack and I'll be quiet now.

....Ditto on my part also....I am guilty as charged.

I am not impressed with the charters water entry procedure of sitting and handing your fins/mask to you....then helping you into your rig....I much prefer to handle all that on my own and not be sitting at the waters edge waiting for someone to hand me my own gear...not impressed.....I wonder how they handle their tech divers....hope not in this format!

Just so you know, the couple of times I have been down and dived off Tim's boat, I have asked to get dressed out on my own inside the cabin and then walk out. Because I use a BP/W with a crotch strap, it is more difficult to sit down and get kitted up. Tim understood and had no problem with that.

Layne

Just so you know, the couple of times I have been down and dived off Tim's boat, I have asked to get dressed out on my own inside the cabin and then walk out. Because I use a BP/W with a crotch strap, it is more difficult to sit down and get kitted up. Tim understood and had no problem with that.

Layne

Thats great to know....I was a bit concerned regarding just that issue....thanks for the input!

I have not been on Capt. Tim's craft so was not sure other than reading Macks description of kitting up from his shops trip.

***Mack happy you guys got to go out this time!

From most accounts I hear folks enjoys this charter service a crew....hope to hit the Clipper soon myself.

:)

Thats great to know....I was a bit concerned regarding just that issue....thanks for the input!

I have not been on Capt. Tim's craft so was not sure other than reading Macks description of kitting up from his shops trip.

***Mack happy you guys got to go out this time!

From most accounts I hear folks enjoys this charter service a crew....hope to hit the Clipper soon myself.

:)

Here is something I wrote regarding a different trip I took with Tim. It explains my experience with dive procedures.

thanks

Thanks for the photo's Obviously the growth shown is tremendous and will only get better with time. The best consistant diving conditions in the Texas gulf begin in July and run thru Nov. Sept and October being the best. One of the chances divers have is to witness the creation of habitat over the years and the positive effect it has on marine life and photo postings on this board give the opportunity for many to see it and enjoy. That hawksbill just got dropped off at bugsey siegals new hotel in the desert, I hope he lives long enough to see what happens in the future.

When heavy rains / floods are happening inthe mid west / Ohio valley.... all that water flows south via the Mississippi.... into the gulf... and usually stays on the bottom and also, can push the gulf currents aside.... hence, SPI can see limited vis from that heavy flow. That flow will bring all the nitrates, etc from farmers, front lawns, etc into the gulf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom