Texan attacked by crocodile - Cancun Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Houston man attacked by crocodile while spearfishing in Mexico
Jonathan Schoeneman loves to be on the water.

He's a Houstonian who has been living in Mexico for the last nine months working as a scuba dive instructor, but spearfishing is his real passion.

That's what he was doing in a Cancun lagoon Thursday when a crocodile attacked him.

Schoeneman's best friend, Travis Simmons, heard him calling for help.

"He had several lacerations to the top of the head, from his lower cheek all the way down to his neck. Broken, fractured jaw," Simmons said.

Schoeneman has been receiving treatment in Mexico.

He's now breathing on his own and doctors say he's doing well.

Schoeneman's brother said their family is hoping to fly him home to Houston by the end of the week so he can be seen by doctors here.

"He's recovering really well. The doctors are saying it's an absolute miracle. We do not know how this happened. We're so thankful and happy he managed to pull through," he said.

Jeez, I didn't know anyone even went into the Cancun lagoon waters to do anything. There are crocodile warning signs posted all over the place all along the road that runs along the lagoon.

Jeez, I didn't know anyone even went into the Cancun lagoon waters to do anything. There are crocodile warning signs posted all over the place all along the road that runs along the lagoon.
I suppose that would make the lagoon rich with fish to hunt, aside from the ones the crocs get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom