Teric Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After installation of Firmware v17 I also noticed a bad battery behaviour and I conducted two test runs over 30 days each.

In the first 9 days it looses 4.7% per day (pretty much exact linear regression) and after that from ca. 56% on 2.0% per day.
Waiting now for Shearwater response. 5% per day is too much for my taste, even for an almost 2 year old device.

BTW, when new a discharge of 1.x% per day is perfectly OK. This would just add up to the 3 month standby time mentioned in the manual.

I also bought one of the first release Terics and after about 20 dives or so and while on dry land had it enter dive mode and rapid descend to over 600' and dive for over 4 hours throwing every alarm it had to throw (bad depth sensor). Contacted Shearwater, short discussion, they agreed I should send it back and they would replace it immediately. By immediately I mean before I had even boxed mine up they had my replacement in the air, Express! In my opinion their customer service was Amazing and I absolutely love this computer. No issues with the new one so far, only about 30 dives on it so far (OW anyway, lots of pool time). Did have a weird comms issue once between the transmitter and computer but battery removal/ reinstall fixed it. Just be cognizant of the fact the signal may have to pass through you first depending on which sides your computer and transmitter are on, same side probably best, but the opposite works (just keep your thick skull out of the way :wink:). If the unfortunate happens again, I use an Oceanic pro plus 2 as my backup so should still be fine, but I'd likely still request another Teric. Just my 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom