Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine is going on 5 days since I charged it and is now at 65%. Its going diving again in 2 weeks so probably not enough time to have it replaced before trip. At least I can charge it every night and hope it last for 3 hours of diving each day.

Also, I sent my Teric and one of my NERDs to Dive-Tronix, mailed out on Dec 15 (a Friday). I received them both back on Dec 26th. They actually received them on Dec 18 and mailed them back on Dec 21.

If you let them know you need it back by a certain date, they really REALLY bend over backwards to get you taken care of.

Unfortunately, the saga continues. Those of you who have followed know that I currently have Teric #7 that was repaired in August for a broken antenna. I went back to Florida in September and in October and the computer worked perfectly.

My wife and I recently spent two weeks in Bonaire, I did 37 dives. The computer worked fine for dives 1-27. On dive 28, it initially registered gas pressure and then lost communication. To my surprise, it worked normally again on dive 29. On dive 30, communication was again lost. I was able to connect temporarily by putting the computer behind my head, close to the transmitter. It captured pressure and calculated SAC. I thought this was another disconnected antenna. Strangely, the computer worked normally again for dives 31-37. The SW Cloud graph for dive 30 is shown below with the temporary connections.

View attachment 819070

After a short negotiation with Shearwater, the computer is on its way back to Dive-Tronix for repair or replacement.

The battery performance of this 1 year old computer has deteriorated a bit, and consumption is currently a little over 1% per day.

View attachment 819071
So, Richard Morton from Dive-Tronix gave me a call to let me know the disposition of repaired Teric #7. As suspected, the repaired antenna had failed. Teric #8 is already in the mail, this will be the one.

Again, very fast, personal service from Richard and Michele Morton and Dive-Tronix :)

Seems my less than one year old Teric is afflicted with the "fast battery drain while off" as I'm losing about 10% per day (with AI and Compass off) while the watch is turned off.

I sent an email to Dive Tronix and they responded very quickly with instructions on how to ship it back for repair. Crossing my fingers it's a one and done fix!

I checked one of mine today. It was charged on Dec 20 and shipped back to me from Dive-Tronix.

I did 12 dives in Cozumel with it, the first week of January.

It has not been charged since Dec 20.

It still has 48% battery left.

It sure is nice when the battery is working like it's supposed to.

Thanks for reminding me...I haven't updated the thread in a while.

<charging Teric 1> <Teric 2 already charged> 100% on 10/30 80% on 11/6 88% on 11/6 60% on 11/13 86% on 11/13 50% on 11/20 84% on 11/13 40% on 11/27 82% on 11/27 32% on 12/4 80% on 12/4 26% on 12/11 78% on 12/11 <charging Teric 1> **** 100% on 12/11 **** 82% on 12/18 76% on 12/18 64% on 12/25 74% on 12/25 52% on 1/1 74% on 1/1 44% on 1/8 70% on 1/8 36% on 1/15 68% on 1/15 30% on 1/22 66% on 1/22 22% on 1/29 62% on 1/29 <charging Teric 1> **** 100% on 1/29 ****

Just an FYI for everyone. The Teric warranty is 2 years.

If they do a battery repair, that starts a new 2 year clock on the battery warranty.

On the round of repairs I just went through, I had to pay ($150) for one of my battery repairs because I procrastinated so long on sending it for repair that it was over 2 years since the previous repair.

Sorry to hear your saga continues, @scubadada

I just came back from 2nd trip since my Teric antenna & battery replacements. Made 10 dives on the 1st trip and 32 dives on the 2nd trip. So far it works fine. Fingers crossed.

The 2nd trip ended 5 days ago. So its battery charge is still showing 100%, as shown, below.

View attachment 819142

Update:
At 31 days since my 2nd trip my Teric battery is at 84%, or 0.5%/day. So its charge draining rate increases from 0.2%/day back in November 2023 (after 1st trip since its battery replacement) to 0.5%/day now (31 days after the 2nd trip in December 2023).

Update - 1 week later.
Teric 1 Teric 2 100% 62% 82% 60%
Teric 1 is losing 18% a week, Teric 2 is losing 2%. Both are always treated the same as far as storage, charging, etc.

Sadly, we don't know what "it" is, but it seems like it only takes one time of "it" happening and then the battery is damaged and it goes from holding a charge well to losing charge fairly rapidly while stored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom