Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone else had the melted depth gauge that @Dan had?
I had one of mine lose the depth gauge, I had today for the repair. Battery is the common issue, both of mine seem to be past that and those never stopped me from using the computer, the depth gauge can render the computer useless.

im still totally onboard with the Teric.

has anyone studied the Tern Tx specs close enough to tell what the real world differences are?

My Teric battery seems to be holding the charge well, 96% after 19 days in storage.🤞

IMG_2597.jpeg

Hi @Dan

I'm not doing quite as well as you are, a little less than 1% per day in storage. This Teric was received in January of this year. I was not able to dive it until 10 dives in June. You and I went to Malpelo in July and did 21 dives. The antenna broke in the middle of that trip and was repaired when we got back. I did another 10 dives in September and 8 in October. My wife and I have 2 weeks in Bonaire starting next week, we'll see how it does during and after those dives.

1701283128367.png

Hi @Dan

I'm not doing quite as well as you are, a little less than 1% per day in storage. This Teric was received in January of this year. I was not able to dive it until 10 dives in June. You and I went to Malpelo in July and did 21 dives. The antenna broke in the middle of that trip and was repaired when we got back. I did another 10 dives in September and 8 in October. My wife and I have 2 weeks in Bonaire starting next week, we'll see how it does during and after those dives.

View attachment 813127

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it’s still less than 1% / day, which I would accept it and recharge it once every a couple of months.

So far mine is still holding the charge well. It shows 94% after 28 days of storage or 0.21%/day (1.5%/week).

IMG_2623.jpeg

My bad teric has settled down to dropping 10% a week over the past 3-4 weeks. My good one drops 2% a week.

Teric 1 Teric 2 80% on 11/6 88% on 11/6 60% on 11/13 86% on 11/13 50% on 11/20 84% on 11/13 40% on 11/27 82% on 11/27

Unfortunately, the saga continues. Those of you who have followed know that I currently have Teric #7 that was repaired in August for a broken antenna. I went back to Florida in September and in October and the computer worked perfectly.

My wife and I recently spent two weeks in Bonaire, I did 37 dives. The computer worked fine for dives 1-27. On dive 28, it initially registered gas pressure and then lost communication. To my surprise, it worked normally again on dive 29. On dive 30, communication was again lost. I was able to connect temporarily by putting the computer behind my head, close to the transmitter. It captured pressure and calculated SAC. I thought this was another disconnected antenna. Strangely, the computer worked normally again for dives 31-37. The SW Cloud graph for dive 30 is shown below with the temporary connections.

1704383642742.png

After a short negotiation with Shearwater, the computer is on its way back to Dive-Tronix for repair or replacement.

The battery performance of this 1 year old computer has deteriorated a bit, and consumption is currently a little over 1% per day.

1704384675399.png

Unfortunately, the saga continues. Those of you who have followed know that I currently have Teric #7 that was repaired in August for a broken antenna. I went back to Florida in September and in October and the computer worked perfectly.

My wife and I recently spent two weeks in Bonaire. I did 37 dives in Bonaire. The computer worked fine for dives 1-27. On dive 28, it initially registered gas pressure and then lost communication. To my surprise, it worked normally again on dive 29. On dive 30, communication was again lost. I was able to connect temporarily by putting the computer behind my head, close to the transmitter. It captured pressure and calculated SAC. I thought this was another disconnected antenna. Strangely, the computer worked normally again for dives 31-37. The SW Cloud graph for dive 30 is shown below with the temporary connections.

View attachment 819070

After a short negotiation with Shearwater, the computer is on its way back to Dive-Tronix for repair or replacement.

The battery performance of this 1 year old computer has deteriorated a bit, and consumption is currently a little over 1% per day.

View attachment 819071

You are honestly far more patient than I would be at this point in your saga. I'm glad SW continues to support these Terics, but I would have moved on by now. Kudos to all of you for your patience.

You are honestly far more patient that I would be at this point in your saga. I'm glad SW continues to support these Terics, but I would have moved on by now. Kudos to all of you for your patience.
Some divers have had no problems with their Teric, 45% in the poll. Someday, I will have a perfect one :)

Some divers have had no problems with their Teric, 45% in the poll. Someday, I will have a perfect one :)

I'm only on Teric #3 Craig, but somehow I think "perfect" might be slightly too high a threshold for my expectations.

I got my teric in december 2019. I don't think I have had any problems until recently the battery was down to 20% after last being fully charged 45 days ago. I am doing the battery test as outlined above to see what happens. Maybe I have been one of the luckier ones. I hadn't seen this thread until today so I didn't know there were many issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom