Teric or Perdix 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I am going to throw a curve here - What is the major difference between the Perdix 2 and the Petrel 3? If I am reading everything correctly the Petrel 3 has the same features as the Perdix 2 but comes with the Teric's AMOLED technology. It looks like some serious kit yes, but the cost is not that much more than what I am looking at.
This makes 2 of us... Why get one over the other?

As for the OPs question.
Perdix is what I have and I love it.

So I am going to throw a curve here - What is the major difference between the Perdix 2 and the Petrel 3? If I am reading everything correctly the Petrel 3 has the same features as the Perdix 2 but comes with the Teric's AMOLED technology. It looks like some serious kit yes, but the cost is not that much more than what I am looking at.

Larger higher resolution screen is the only major benefit of the Petrel 3 unless you get the version with a CCR connector. I believe that the buttons are titanium and the titanium bezel cover is standard too.

Larger higher resolution screen is the only major benefit of the Petrel 3 unless you get the version with a CCR connector. I believe that the buttons are titanium and the titanium bezel cover is standard too.
Petrel 3 does have a larger higher resolution screen, but both Perdix 2 and Petrel 3 have titanium bezel covers and buttons. Here's a comparison chart from the Shearwater site:

Petrel 3 does have a larger higher resolution screen, but both Perdix 2 and Petrel 3 have titanium bezel covers and buttons. Here's a comparison chart from the Shearwater site:

So based on this.. us older :) folks with less then optimal eyes would benefit from them Petrel.

There will be zero conflict in this thread.
He didn’t even mention the Petrel 3 😠

He didn’t even mention the Petrel 3 😠
Actually - I replied to my own thread asking about it. 😎 the price difference is nominal.

I bought a Cobalt that is now “obsolete.” I thought I bought my last dive computer 12 years ago - so hoping not to make the same mistake.

So I am in the market for a Shearwater dive computer. I am conisdering the Teric or the Perdix 2. I am replacing an Atomic Aquatics Cobalt (I believe Atomics will no longer service it) that I like but I want to go wrist mount.

I don't see myself at my age diving exotic gasses and pushing myself past recreation limits. Looking for some advice as to which way I should go from people who may have experience with both. I understand the batteries are replaceable in the Perdix 2 - But I have no problem shipping my watch to have it regularly serviced when needed.

The screen in videos does not look considerably larger than the Teric. As I understand it, the Teric has more customizable features.

What other considerations am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
No experience with the Teric, but absolutely love my Perdix AI 2. Great reliability, performance, and features; plus its super easy to use, and has a big clear display and customizable layout.

This guy really likes the Teric, but has a few complaints too starting @ 9:00

Actually - I replied to my own thread asking about it. 😎 the price difference is nominal.

I bought a Cobalt that is now “obsolete.” I thought I bought my last dive computer 12 years ago - so hoping not to make the same mistake.
I don’t have a Teric but I have a buddy who has one. He find the font a bit small and I agree with him.

I have a Perdix 1 and a Petrel 3 (on my CCR) I like the clear and large screen and the facts that the buttons are easy to use with dry gloves.

If you don’t use Helium and don’t care about the AI, you could look at the Peregrine too. I never saw or used one (except in shops) so no opinion here.

Honestly they're both gonna be fine. Get whatever seems more convenient for your day to day diving.

The screens on both are fantastic and easy to read. I've done recreational and tech diving on both and wouldn't really care which one you handed me for pretty much any dive.

If neither sticks out as something you really want, then just get the perdix because it's a bit cheaper. Or go to a dive shop and "try" them on and tinker with the UI a bit, and pick whichever one gives you the warm fuzzies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom