Teric - Critical pressure and GTR error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems odd to me that loss of the comm link would end up giving you a gas pressure of zero and a GTR of zero. I only have experience with an Oceanic VT3 and a VT4. If the comm link is dropped for more than 15 secs, the gas pressure blinks at the last known pressure, a loss of comm link message scrolls, and the GTR (ATR) simply stays at the last known value. As soon as the comm link is reestablished, the new gas pressure and the new ATR are normally displayed. These are shown in the download log display as a red area on the pressure curve. I'll see if I can find one. Seems like if this was common with the Teric, others would have reported it before.

Here's a VT3 comm link loss at just under 30 minutes
upload_2019-4-8_16-36-14.png

FWIW I've not had a loss of comms during a dive but on pre-dive it just flashes comms. I would be surprised if it didn't do the same. It only takes tank pressure readings every 5 seconds, and I assume you've left yours on the default 10sec data (logging) rate. The pressure in your chart (post#6) appears not to go to zero either.

Any chance you're using two transmitters of the same colour?

Hi @CWK

Out of interest, I went to the dive details corresponding to the dive profile I posted in post #11. To my surprise, gas pressure and air time remaining are both zero. The dive computer does not display zeros, the display is as I described it above.
upload_2019-4-9_10-28-57.png

Hi @CWK

Out of interest, I went to the dive details corresponding to the dive profile I posted in post #11. To my surprise, gas pressure and air time remaining are both zero. The dive computer does not display zeros, the display is as I described it above.
View attachment 514000
I've had coms failure messages before on the Teric but this is the first time that I've seen the GTR0 and Critical Pressure errors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom