Teric Battery life poor even after battery replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Teric also required two visits to the repair shop before it started working correctly over time. They fixed it up for free and got it back to me quickly. It's been working great now for about 10 months while being used multiple times most weeks. It does not loose charge when not being used, and I never disable the compass. After we week or so the battery is right where I last saw it.

Based on some more reading and anecdotes on proper care, I have recently stopped charging it after every dive day. The computer probably consumes about 10% of the battery after a couple of dives using the compass full time. I now only charge it once the battery is in the 50-75% range, after two or three days of diving.

Just to follow up. I sent my computer in to Shearwater and they simply gave me an entirely new Teric (YAY!)
Now... for about 2 months, the battery would drain AT MOST 2% per day. After using it for 2 months (around 15 dives), the battery is beginning to degrade YET AGAIN. For the third time this is happening!
This time I made sure to ONLY use the charger and cable that specifically came with my Shearwater Teric.
As of right now, it is only decreasing by 10% per 24 hour period but still... why is this happening over and over?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom