Teric Battery Drain - When OFF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two replacements, now the second replacement is in for service. The battery issue is abundant... I'm starting to give up on the Teric/Sheawater. I need good customer service AND a reliable product.

Two replacements, now the second replacement is in for service. The battery issue is abundant... I'm starting to give up on the Teric/Sheawater. I need good customer service AND a reliable product.
When was your last Battery replacement? Mine went in for #2 a year ago. Since then it has been stellar. Apparently, the Battery Supplier was making the Batteries in a non clean room, to keep up with demand. Supposedly it has been fixed now.

When was your last Battery replacement? Mine went in for #2 a year ago. Since then it has been stellar. Apparently, the Battery Supplier was making the Batteries in a non clean room, to keep up with demand. Supposedly it has been fixed now.
I've owned the Teric since day one of release, the units were replaced twice within a year apart of each other. Now the second replacement unit, battery is draining fast within a year of ownership, and has been sent in for service. I hope it comes back working stellar this time. However, the whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth. We paid a lot of money for this dive computer.

I've owned the Teric since day one of release, the units were replaced twice within a year apart of each other. Now the second replacement unit, battery is draining fast within a year of ownership, and has been sent in for service. I hope it comes back working stellar this time. However, the whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth. We paid a lot of money for this dive computer.

I can not argue with your feelings. I to have been a Day one Teric owner, and it was my First Shearwater DC. Its been almost exactly 1 year since I got my last Battery. It really really been good. If you are that concerned send Richard and email. He really does care about the quality of his work.

Not sure if this will give you a warm fuzzy, but i hope it helps. 20 days, 2% drain.... I never use this in pool session, so it will be dry for another 4 days.

upload_2021-4-12_23-10-31.png

PXL_20210316_235213648.jpg
PXL_20210319_032918698.jpg
Not sure if this will give you a warm fuzzy, but i hope it helps. 20 days, 2% drain.... I never use this in pool session, so it will be dry for another 4 days.

View attachment 653182
That's how mines was at first, then it all started going downhill once again.

Mine has gone from 100% to 86% over a 55 day period. That is really good IMO considering that I have fiddled with it for at least 40 minutes during that time trying some settings and I have left on the AI the whole time. @ErikNYC I would not worry about it to much, it seems that they have the battery situation fixed.

After finished diving, 18 days ago, I turned off AI & Compass. Charged it to 100% and stored it in its box. Today I pulled it out and saw this, below (it still shows Maldives time).

4D2D5308-9BE0-4290-9248-D2C7BCAE78A3.jpeg

After finished diving, 18 days ago, I turned off AI & Compass. Charged it to 100% and stored it in its box. Today I pulled it out and saw this, below (it still shows Maldives time).

View attachment 653418
That's how my second replacement (new) performed at first, fast forward as few months, less than a year later, the battery depletes in less than a month. I sent it in for repair.

That's how my second replacement (new) performed at first, fast forward as few months, less than a year later, the battery depletes in less than a month. I sent it in for repair.
If it's doing it again on a replacement battery I suspect the Battery is not the issue, it's probably a hardware problem that is draining the battery. No company would pick this up on the first repair but you can bet that they will be looking at the power draw on the second repair. My bet is that they swap out the board inside or replace the Teric.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom