tennessee divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I live in Savannah Tennessee near the TN River. I try to dive as much as I can. Mainly quarries although have a few ocean dives and plan to dive the TN river this year. Are you interested in meeting up with other divers from your area? Take care and happy diving.
Ray

There are lots of divers in TN. I live in Nashville. Welcome to SB! Keep watching this subforum, there are often posts for divers getting together. Or you can try orgainzing something as well. Are you a certifed diver (your profile says you're not certified)?

Mike

no i am not, the most i have done is snorkle. was looking to get certified while i went to maui but family came first. whats a good place to get certified becuase i dont think memphis has alot of dive shops

From Nashville/Clarksville myself. I'd be surprised if there was not a LDS in Memphis, probably more than one. Or you could arrange a nice long three day weekend in Nashville and do your pool and classroom here.

I work for a wonderful instructor in Memphis. We work out of Well Worx on Shelby Oaks. Give Saralynn a call tell her we spoke on this site and we'll fix you up. www.easydiversmemphis.com

There is a list of trips coming up soon locally also. We have 5 classroom sessions plus home study, lots of pool time and lots of personal attention. A new class starts tomorrow night, and I'm sure there are slots left. If you can't make that one, call her and see when the next one is, you can also sign up for a private class.

Hello from another tennessee diver. I am over in East TN for the time, but started in Memphis, and will be back there in a couple of weeks.

As for places to get certified, I know of 3 places in the Memphis Area. H20, The Dive Shop, and Easy Divers. I was certified with Easy Divers, and still use Saralynn for everything pretty much. I would highly reccommend her.

Actually.... I believe Don wouldnt have known about her if it wasnt for me? ;-)

Really though, she is a great instructor, and after working with several different ones, and experiencing the other dive shops in Memphis, I have to say she is the best I have seen. Just give her a call and tell her what you want and I am sure she will take care of you, like Don said. And tell her I sent you... because its more fun that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom