Tenkiller Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveBF

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Avon and I are heading to Tenkiller this weekend... Anyone have an update on conditions at the scuba park?

Cheers!
Steve

Steve I belive the conditions are BAD ASS! I think at some "future" date you should go check them out HAHA

Ho-lee COW you aren't kidding ... That was some of the funniest lake diving I've ever done... We have to do that again and soon!!!!

For those just tunning in Viz was a very good 12 ft to start with now as the wind picked up and more diver's hit the water it got a little worse. water temp was 74 very nice. all of the wrecks are very easy to find and very much like to get their picture taken as well as the fish..that were every were! Thurmo was a funny thing I was in a 7mm but the first time I felt the cline was around 60ft. Matt another of our party who was in a 3mm or was it a 5mm said their was about three thurmo's and at 90ft it was just freek'n cold! I dont know what he was talking about I was nice and warm as was Steve.

And I cant say en'f how nice Tim Knight and his wife are at Nautical Adventures very good people and helped all of us out. And they have a really great shop with nice toy's haha!
For our last dive we did not want to run all the way back to Tim's so we went over to Gene's Aqua Pro Shop, busy was not the word for this little old shop and its owner. The first thing Gene said to us as we walked into his shop in wet suits was "Well you guys look good but to you know what you are doing?" I liked him in an instant!
An amazing old diver that got his start in the 1950's so kool to see and meet a guy that was almost around at the start of our sport.

Very good weekend with Good people always makes it all worth while and Steve I'm looking forward to our next adventure!

I went to Tenkiller and met SteveBF and the guys. It was nice meeting you.
Gene truly is an amazing man, he's been around along time and has some incredible stories. You ought to google Gene Frusher.

Bubbales!! It was great meeting you as well. Needless to say I am a HUGE fan of Tenkiller now for all the same reasons Bill laid out... I had on a 7:5mm suit with a 7mm hood vest underneath and I barly felt the afore mentioned thermoclines... we get another warm day this fall and I say we go again!!

---------- Post added October 14th, 2013 at 12:14 PM ----------

Steve from Orange Grove? My pick up buddy in the caves?
No Steve from Fayetteville who studiously avoids caves

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom