Tenkiller Conditions, it ain't cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gillty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I got to dive Tenkiller today at DX Landing. Visibility was about 3 to 5 ft. I wouldn't have said even 5 ft of visibility but I managed to see my fins a couple of times(ha ha). The lake has a funky looking tan color to it right now. Coldest temp was about 50 and the warmest about 53 degrees. Went to about 80 ft and could detect no better visibility at any depth. Still had fun though, there is a pet bass that stayed with us for the last fifteen minutes. I think he was perturbed that we didn't bring him any food.

It looks like they are going to sink a couple of the boats for the scuba park soon. There were two bass boats tied up next to the old landing ramp. We didn't see any other sunken treasures though.

Today's dive will make me appreciate Coz next weekend that much more!!

If anyone needs reports from Lake Arbuckle or Murray let me know. I got to dive those lakes a couple of weekends back.

Happy Trails

Gillty

So how is lake Murray? I'm supposed to do my certification dives there in a week or two.

I dove there on March 6th at the iron tower just down from Marietta Landing. Vis was about 6 to 8 ft. Seen a couple of catfish, a large turtle, and some bass. Temp was 50 to 52. Over the last couple of years Murray in April has been pretty good. I have found a fishing pole, some basketball shorts, and some various other items. So it seems to be a pretty good place to find stuff. Good Luck and Have fun during your certification dives.

Gillty

I dove tenkiller again today at Crappie Point and the vis has improved to around 10 ft. There appears to be the start of an algae bloom. There is a little bit of algae starting to grow on the rocks in very shallow water. Temp was 60 degrees at surface to around 45 ft. At 70 ft vis was a little less and temp was 53.

Gillty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom