Tekna T2100BX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clwurster

New
Reaction score
Ok-new to board, kinda old school here. got back from roatan last week diving with some friends. I have & use my Tekna's T2100BX's since 1986. The dive ppl in Roatan thot my equip was from mars or something. So i googled my regs & found they are scarce as hens teeth. So i thot I'd let other old timers know i have a few of these regs & they are alive and kickin. They are still a little hinkey above 20ft but after that nothing I've found can beat em.

Welcome to Scubaboard. You can use the search function to find other threads on Tekna regulators. You can try to post on the vintage forum. I still see them show up on eBay from time to time but my understanding is the parts are difficult to find.

My teknas were the bomb!!!!

They were stolen in 1990 and I could not replace them.

Also had an Oceanic Omega, almost as good.

Just nothing like those servo designs.

Oceanic is bringing back the Omega, with a Hollis version as well.

Poseidon makes a servo reg as well.

So, these top breathers are still around in modern iterations.

I am going to see if my favorite LDS will let me dive one of the new Omegas.

The T2100BX was the last and worst of the T series. I still have two each T2100 and T2100B. The BX was all plastic and pretty poor in my opinion especially compared to the original all metal T2100. I used to have quite the stash of parts but over the years have given them all away.

The servo tilt valve seat is very challenging and as far as I know, none exist as spares. I had nearly 500, that is right, 500!!!!!!!! and every one of them the seat turned to goo. The sealing surface is very tiny and I have attempted various repairs to resurface them without luck. The primary mass flow seat (diaphragm, whatever you wish to call it) can also go bad and is particularly prone to not enjoying being moved or fooled with.

All of my regs are still functional but then I had a huge pile of parts to pick from and the original all metal T2100 components, in particular the servo tilt valve seat material appears different than what showed up in the T2100B.

The T2100BX, sorry, lol, good luck. I never had much luck with the all plastic critter.

Forgive my pasty white appearance, my T2100 I bought back in 1979:

IMG_0507.jpg

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom