Teeth Hunting-what do i need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gatorshark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I plan heading down to Venice tomorrow to do some diving. Are there any recommendations on extra equip I need to look for shark teeth? Are they just lying on the seabed exposed? Do I need some sort of sifting device? Thanks, hope to meet many of you on here out there!

You wont need any sifting devices what so ever. Most of the teeth are laying on the gulf floor and you swim by and pick them up.. I would say bring a goodie bag to put your teeth into while your diving. See you tomorrow. Debra

The biggest secret to toofy hunting? Follow fossilbabe. She is the toof magnet. I swear the sharks rip their own teeth out and throw them at her. Kinda like a morbid fossil mardi gras parade.

I went last Sunday with Capt. Jamie (& Fossilbabae) and found lots of small teeth but also a large 4 1/4" half of a tooth and a fully intact 3 5/8" Tooth...all just sitting on the surface. Infact the intact tooth was sitting straight up and down in the sand with the roots pointing in an upward direction. Love being on Capt. Jamie's boat. Good captain and nice crew.

The biggest secret to toofy hunting? Follow fossilbabe. She is the toof magnet. I swear the sharks rip their own teeth out and throw them at her. Kinda like a morbid fossil mardi gras parade.
Now you need to quit telling everyone my secrets..... :rofl3:. I will be bring the shark tooth stretcher tomorrow for every one to use. It works great and cant wait for everyone to see it. 1 inch teeth can be stretched to 3 inches max. See you guys on the beach...

Teeth Hunting-what do i need?

Patience, patience and just a little more patience.

Remember that while you are looking for teeth that its not a race. Take your time and you will start to find them. After a while you "get an eye" for finding the teeth. Most teeth are laying on top of the sand. I have found a few by fanning the bottom as well but that really messes up the vis more than anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom