Teen Divers!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is the drysuit? I want to take the course. Is the course worth it? I have been diving in Scuba Rangers since I was ten and I love it. I am very lucky to have my dads buissness partner be a dive master who loves diving monterey so I will be going with him this weekend.

KZ:
How is the drysuit? I want to take the course. Is the course worth it? I have been diving in Scuba Rangers since I was ten and I love it. I am very lucky to have my dads buissness partner be a dive master who loves diving monterey so I will be going with him this weekend.

KZ, drysuits are awesome...especially in colder water climates like we have here in California.

My kid started diving dry within his 1st year of diving ... at age 11 (around the 50 dive mark). Looking back, it was probably the single best thing we did to maximize the comfort and enjoyment of our diving together. :)

Diving dry isn't difficult to learn but it does require a little extra training. Enrolling in a course or learning from a good mentor would be smart.

Have fun diving in Monterey this coming weekend. I hear the viz has been awesome the past few days :)

Last edited:
sorry I haven't been on. But I really want to do a dry suit course (when I log enough dives). It looks really cool! And then my dad, uncle, and I could go diving in the winter, cus it gets really cold in TN.

well, there is also the nitrox course. that seems pretty cool..

Hey guys I am a little bit older than all of you I'm 19. I go to mermet springs pretty often and sometimes to pennyroyal in Kentucky.

That's cool! So, what is pennyroyal like? And how do you like mermet?

Pennyroyal is really nice. The viz is the best I have seen in the Midwest. We had around 40ft. It has sheer walls going into the quarry so they do not fight runoff like other quarries. I also like mermet. There is always someone there to dive with and is set up to be diver friendly. If you own a drysuit there best viz is in the fall/winter months.

I didn't get to dive. I had a cold so no diving for me. On another note does anyone know if I can dive with my new braces?

Cool! I really want to do the drysuit course. By the way, KZ I don't think that braces would be a problem. I am not a dr., so I wouldn't completely trust my word. I would think that it might just hurt your teeth for alittle bit. I know that mine hurt regularly for me, when I had mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom