Teen Divers!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have just been certified and am wanting to meet some teen divers to discuss diving and school and stuff like that. So... please reply.

Cool! I got certified at Mermet Springs on September 9 and 10.

what was the visibility like???

1st dive about 15 feet. 2nd about 20. Third was about ten. The last dive we had three foot viz. I couldn't see the instructor except for when it was my turn to take my mask off. The second dive we had a sea nettle invasion. It was like a wall of them. I almost freaked out.

Sea Nettle? In my checkout dive, I went to Mermet Springs in IL. The first dive was on a 15 ft. platform, and the second was too. Then we went on a wall dive and to the 727 from The U.S. Marshals movie. That was really cool! There was also music playing underwater, it kinda old music, nothing new. But, still cool! When we were on the platforms, doing out exercises, a whole bunch of Brim came up and were like circling me. They were all around me, and only me, nobody else in my group had one beside them. It was funny! The Brim were like, "Hey look at the one girl, lets all circle her!" Haha!!:D

Im a bit older than you guys but im 16, i never see anyone my age diving out here at the shores in san diego, all adualts and older people..Im almost done with master diver, so im ahead of the game at the moment. :)

He y my cousins live in Huntington Beach and San Diego. Any good beginner shore diving spots to check out. Joolz youre lucky I got to be in 54 degree water being stung by jellyfish.

KZ:
He y my cousins live in Huntington Beach and San Diego. Any good beginner shore diving spots to check out. Joolz youre lucky I got to be in 54 degree water being stung by jellyfish.

Hey KZ, we have some great easy-peasy shore dives here in SoCal. My kid has been certified since age 10 ...he's almost 16 now. Some of our favorite beginner shore dives are here in Laguna Beach. These spots have fairly easy entry, short surface swims, and lots of cool stuff to see. However, our most favorite shore dive is the Avalon city dive park on Catalina Island. The place is just unbelievable ... lush kelp forests and tons of really cool marine life.

Here's a couple pics of my kid in the dive park a few weeks ago. Check out the Giant Sea Bass. They were as big as him, yet so gentle.

Good luck with your diving.

Hi. I am Zendiver.3d's daughter. I am 13 and live in Kuwait. Mom and Dad own a dive shop so I am always in the water. I love scuba and have been in all sorts of conditions, form clear Red Sea to ripping currents and near zero vis on fossil dives in the Cooper River. I can't imagine not diving. I want to go to the Maldives, next.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom