Technical Diver Support Diver Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are the screen shots from my mobile devices. You may need to tell your iPad to look at the site this way in the address bar.

IMG_5711.JPG

IMG_5712.PNG

Is there a section on verbal affirmations for support divers?

"You're gonna do a great job!"
"I am really honored to be a part of your diving project."
"Don't listen to them, they're just jealous."
"That dive profile is going to look really impressive on Facebook!"
"That new drysuit looks really slimming on you."

Cost?

That's reading mode in Safari, which just strips the text out and shows it. You also lose all your pictures in reading mode. The actual website does not properly format itself to fit screen width.

This is what you see in Chrome on an iPad:

IMG_0460.PNG

Is there a section on verbal affirmations for support divers?

"You're gonna do a great job!"
"I am really honored to be a part of your diving project."
"Don't listen to them, they're just jealous."
"That dive profile is going to look really impressive on Facebook!"
"That new drysuit looks really slimming on you."

Yes of course...and many others.

In addition to that we may provide you with deco gas should you run out or lose yours, if you smile and ask nicely.

That's reading mode in Safari, which just strips the text out and shows it. You also lose all your pictures in reading mode. The actual website does not properly format itself to fit screen width.

This is what you see in Chrome on an iPad:

View attachment 395518

Got it -- I am trying to get GoDaddy to help...they tell me the site has been optimized for mobile devices & I see it in the settings.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention...

GoDaddy Tech support stated it is working just fine and that my iPad, my wifes iPad & @KevinNM iPad were messed up.

Sometimes I despise Tech support folks....This is one of those times.

I was thinking more about this, about the skillset probably desired of a technical diver support diver in open water. He/she should probably be outfitted as a technical nitrox diver, dressed in doubles and a deco cylinder for himself, since he would have to allow for the possibility that the buddy pair of technical divers he is supporting might be delayed, and also for the possibility that he might have to spend extended time at depth assisting the buddy pair, and, so, he might find himself in deco.

And he should have to have the skills of a *solo* diver.

And he would need to be carrying two additional cylinders (Al 80's?) of 120-gas--five cylinders total!--in case the buddy pair of technical divers is running short. So maintaining buoyancy control in open water while handing off the full 80's, one by one, and receiving the "empty" 80's would be a necessary skill.

He would make only one such support dive. For example, he would NOT surface, exchange his pair of empty 120-gas bottles for some full 70-gas bottles and descend again. He would NOT do this kind of bounce diving. So another technical diver support diver would need to be standing by in case the buddy pair of technical divers requires more assistance, shallower.

Is this consistent with what is taught in the course?

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

I don't require doubles in the class or in practice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom