Tech in the caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're just giving away spots, I'd come to. :)

Okay.

[EDIT-seriously, I had a dive and a conversation with a couple possible teammates right before I got dry docked and I may end up doing this at some point, but the team is probably put together . . . ]

For a trip to Bonaire, why the hell not. Oh wait what's the tuition? Considering the newer plus minus six inches bouyancy standards though, I imagine I won't actually pass...

For a trip to Bonaire, why the hell not. Oh wait what's the tuition? Considering the newer plus minus six inches bouyancy standards though, I imagine I won't actually pass...

Yah, while blind and passing stages around, sharing one second stage!

Next time we go diving I am going to bring a spirit level and a protractor and make sure your trim is no more than 2.5 degrees off level!

Fine, then, I'll take rjack's place. :wink:

I know that, hence my specification of a compressed neo in my response. Certainly bubbles are related to insulation, don't know how that translates to the CF.

My CF is substantially warmer than my DC UltraFlex which (according to friends that have gone the other way) is warmer than a TLS. And its all about how much tolerance to cold you buy with the addition of more lead. The CF required adding very little lead and made a major difference in tolerance to cold. And after 90 minutes in the water with comparable undergarmets (everyone in 400g + Ar) everyone in TLSes are shivering cold. The divers around here who do 120+ min dives in TLS suits wind up adding additional layers of thinsulate to 400g and even more lead and the result starts to get fairly far away from balanced and restricts mobility. The CF also provides additional thermal insulation that won't be affected by a flood (and several divers around here have gotten into serious trouble on deep dives due to suit rips). You could add a heating pad, which is something nobody around here seems to have experimented with, but you lose that in a total flood as well...

I'm happy with my CF and so far I haven't seen anyone figure out how to comfortably dive a TLS around here on long, cold dives...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom