Tech Diving and Air Integration

Does Air Integration have a place in tech diving?

• Currently use AI on tech dives.

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • Would use AI on tech dives given the opportunity.

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • AI has no place in tech diving.

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • Previously used AI on tech dives, but no longer do.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Indifferent.

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BD: are you saying the the AI computers will automatically recognize when you change gases? That would be neat. Also, the workload adjustment is, I believe, totally useless. Not a bad concept but rather a poorly executed one.

That said, I use an AI computer. I like having all my information on my wrist and have not had any problems with lost signals. I especially like being able to monitor my buddy's gas. This made me feel much more secure when my son started diving with me at a young age.

That is a great idea. I put the transmitter on my daughters regs so I can monitor her pressure. Only 7 yrs till she can get certified, she is already asking.

No I was thinking for rec dives as I thought the post alluded to.

Yes I use ai along with spg with doubles, Can glance at my wrist instead of lift spg, always verify spg, kinda nice having reading from both tanks. I am download king,> My log is the dives downloaded from a VT3 soon to be VT4 sac rate is perfect Can see temp and bunch other things. Air integration main thing is SAC I also run a VR OLED air integrated.

I use one on all dives. On tech dives I have a standard spg on my left post and AI on my right. I can see consumption rate and if the ai fails I still have old reliable. On rec dives, I have to say my ai has failed more than I like and once it fails, I have never been able to get it back, following manufactures procedures. The only thing that works is the hour tween dives break. My wife uses the same set up and hers has never failed.

No. :)

Last edited:
I have moved into the camp of, "Previously used AI on tech dives, but no longer do.". The main reason is because the computer I had with wireless finally died, and it's not going to be cost effective to have it fixed. With that said, I had stopped using the transmitter before the computer died because I was experimenting with sidemount and having one transmitter didn't make any sense. When I switched my regs back to a backmount setup, I just didn't put the transmitter back on.

As someone just entering Tech, take this for what it is worth.

Looking at it, it seems to me that the biggest advantage of the transmitter is calculating your SAC rate, and keeping track of it doing various activities. This should be something done while diving, "Recreationally", and not while doing tech dives. So, I use my transmitter while I am doing rec dives, but not in overheads. This way, I can find a better average SAC rate to use when calculating my gas requirements.

Your sac rate on a recreational dive will likely be different than when you're pushing doubles and a couple deco bottles.

I'd say why bother, why add goober gear.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom