Tech Dive on the Clipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They provide trimix and hyperoxic trimix, nitrox, oxygen, or heliox. The Clipper is a relatively shallow dive and EAN 32/36 is great on the top side with 26/17 being more ideal on the port side.

A technical diving trip is $200 per diver for two dives with a three hour surface interval. Technical divers maximum is 10 divers. Recreational diver maximum is 20 divers.

Layne,
Do they have a compressor on board or would you need to carry on everything you are going to dive? i.e would one set of doubles be enough ?

No, to my knowledge, and yes I am guessing, you would have to bring 2 sets of doubles. Again, I am not sure and can find out but they might carry top off tanks...

I think you would have to have at least 2 sets plus your deco...

LOL Is 66 degrees drysuit temps?
Heck, yes it is. I lived 27 years in Alaska and I don't want anything to do with being cold again if I can help it!! :wink: It's not being cold in the water as much as dealing with the cold when I'm already wet and out of the water. Nothing like coming out dry...esp. when it's a little cold and windy!!! :D

No, to my knowledge, and yes I am guessing, you would have to bring 2 sets of doubles. Again, I am not sure and can find out but they might carry top off tanks...

I think you would have to have at least 2 sets plus your deco...

That,, or one set of tech filled doubles and a nice sized stage filled with bottom gas....and of course your deco.

LOL Is 66 degrees drysuit temps?
Heck, yes it is. I lived 27 years in Alaska and I don't want anything to do with being cold again if I can help it!! :wink: It's not being cold in the water as much as dealing with the cold when I'm already wet and out of the water. Nothing like coming out dry...esp. when it's a little cold and windy!!! :D

I agree totally, I used to dive wet in water temps of 42 degrees, then I bought a drysuit & last time I dove wet in 61 degree I was chilled a bit, not real uncomfortable, but I could tell. Now anything under 70 & I'm diving dry.

lol ... The last time I dove wet was when my drysuit flooded. :D Actually it was in 80 degree water... My general theory is that if I need a wetsuit thicker than a 3mm then I bring out my drysuit, which is about 90% of my dives. :)

That,, or one set of tech filled doubles and a nice sized stage filled with bottom gas....and of course your deco.

"Tech filled" doubles...I've never heard it called that, but I like it. :)

"Tech filled" doubles...I've never heard it called that, but I like it. :)

So will all the new Trimix Capable shops in Austin be happy to do Cave Fills?

Attachments

• gauge.jpg
    gauge.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 40
Oh, I can't wait to go to diveworld, ask for a mix, and they tell me once again they won't fill beyond 2640 on steels! How about you Mack, what's your max fill on Fabers?

If Mack is as smart as he seems he will only answer that question off the record. You would be surprised how many shops will give you a decent fill if you keep your mouth shut.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom