Tech Dive on the Clipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure what type technical diving the Clipper site would allow you....it is in shallow water good for 'extended range' air or mix and of course a bit of prepped structural overhead.

It looks like LVX was thinking just what I had stated.

I am still looking at a later date because of the weather/sea conditions in early year.....to far to travel to get blown out.

I went to Geyer Bank on the Sea Searcher and they had a limit of 130. The Sea Searcher is now history and it sounds like the 130 limit died with it. My Bad

That limit was set by the individual that chartered the Seasearcher, not by the Seasearcher's owners or crew.

I hope you get to dive the Clipper this weekend,k-valve. NOAA says get ready to rock:
FRIDAY
NORTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. CHANCE OF
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. SLIGHT
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SUNDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. SLIGHT
If you get down there, say Hi to Tim for me!

They will go in 4 to 6 but take your meds.

I hope you get to dive the Clipper this weekend,k-valve. NOAA says get ready to rock:
FRIDAY
NORTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. CHANCE OF
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. SLIGHT

SUNDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. SLIGHT
If you get down there, say Hi to Tim for me!

I've got some guys looking at the 25th, which does not look good.

There is another group that is wanting something around the last week of March. Seas should be more forgiving around then. PM me if anyone is interested and I'll try to firm up the date.

They will go in 4 to 6 but take your meds.

4 to 6? Heck, that's just starting to get interesting. Esp. if you're one of the first back on the boat and you get to entertain yourself by watching everyone else giving it their best shot! :wink:

I just hope we get to go. I've been booked on more cancelled Gulf trips than I care to remember.

Water temp was 66 degrees yesterday. I hope the rest of the group has drysuits. :D

I hope you get to go k-valve, those are some interesting sounding conditions, makes me think about diving in the Mid-Atlantic, which I do quite often in those conditions. Got to dive what you got. LOL Is 66 degrees drysuit temps?
Mack Diver; don't give up on the 25th yet, it is still a week away plus some. I am paid up for the trip, but will need to make the call next Tuesday the 22nd. I don't want to lug my gear 1/2 way across the country for nothing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom