Info TDI Rebreather Cavern/Intro to Cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think there are a number of variables -i for one am grateful for a foundation of OC diving in overheads before ccr -in fact going back on OC is like slipping on a favourite pair of old slippers, simple, uncomplicated, natural.
Gas quantities sac, rmv, etc are all calculable and should be easily sorted. What isnt calculable though is reaction under stress, yes i can hear it now " I'm ok under pressure" I thought i was too until got myself into a situation that I ddint think I was going to get out of and despite my skillset being adequate the ability to think logically and clearly was severely challenged, add a bit of narcosis and your brain can quickly turn to mush.
So going back to the discussion OC diving has got to be automatic because even with a BO situation you still have a lot to think about with loop volumes and bottle management etc etc

That man really breathed some gas.

That man was a remarkable diver with a dearth of experience far, far beyond us normal mortals. And he died diving.

The idea that, "I'll just throw some textbook rules that I read in a book or on the internet at accident managment and that will probably be fine" is probably not fine.

Plan is to take crossover to oc in 1-2 year time. Maybe the mindset will be different then. But for now I don't feel I would need OC xp for diving CCR. If you come from Oc background you might feel different. We would need some who has done first CCR cave and then OC tell their story.
No offense, but that seems assbackwards to me. Simple difference of opinions. I was an oc cave diver for 10 years before moving to ccr.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom