TDI GUE course differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boomx5 once bubbled...

It seems like it would be a more prudent thing to ask someone who is an instructor, or who has taught for all three agencies before we can make an accurate assumption on which agency is better.

Gee boom, for a minute it was looking like they knew something and wanted to tell us. I guess not. You'll have that though.

boomx5 once bubbled...

It seems like it would be a more prudent thing to ask someone who is an instructor, or who has taught for all three agencies before we can make an accurate assumption on which agency is better.
\

it is not about which one is better, they all have very strong points and some minor weaknesses...keeping it limited to TDI, IANTD and GUE.

the question is what are the differences.
Mike I would like to hear from you on your view point as to the differencess.

and anyone from GUE who can coment with actual usefull information

sheck33 once bubbled...
the answer is simple, the GUE courses are by far the better courses for reasons already discussed 1000 times. No need to repeat that here. :boom:

db8us is so right

IANTD is ten times better than GUE. I'm thinking that only a farm animal would choose GUE over IANTD.

AquaTec once bubbled...

it is not about which one is better, they all have very strong points and some minor weaknesses...keeping it limited to TDI, IANTD and GUE.

the question is what are the differences.
Mike I would like to hear from you on your view point as to the differencess.

and anyone from GUE who can coment with actual usefull information

I think they made it about insulting the ones you don't like.

I would of course discuss it but I going to take a break cause anything I say now will because I feel like jerking the chain of an arrogant GI wannabe. I'll be back

Mike
I am supprised how much you sound like a GUE diver.

"mine is the best and yours stink"

whats up with that

of course we know that TDI/IANTD is ten times better, but it would be good to hear something from GUE divers other than mine is better than yours or because GI says so.

looking to see if they dare break ranks, and speak for themselves. I wonder what the repremand for that would be. maybe they get their speedo taken away

AquaTec,

I'm tryin it on to see how it feels. There must be a reason so many are like that.

Not only is mine better but it's bigger! Naa, don't feel right I'm going to need some practice, maybe in front of a mirror or something.

I'll be back in a bit.

if you wear the speedo it will look bigger

Everything said below is merely my opinion. All has been said before too.
I was originally CMAS trained, this was in the late 80's. I had no exposure to PADI but heard A LOT of negative comments about PADI training and standards. When i moved to the US i finally was exposed to PADI, did DM and AI and helped with OW, AOW , rescue and DM classes. At this time i didnt know about GUE.
I found that, indeed, the rumours turned out to be true. PADI standards are designed to accomedate anyone. Comfort over competence & quantity over quality. It's about money and not about turning out competent divers. I am not bashing PADI instructors because they are largely stuck by what PADI tells them to do, you cant blame the instructor for an agency's low standards. SO, i am not a brainwashed GUE diver, i found out that PADI is not the way to go BEFORE i ever knew about GUE.

I then decided to try TDI and at about the same time i found out about GUE. I did TDI advanced nitrox and deco procedures and while far superior to anything PADI has to offer there is still important stuff missing. I then did GUE fundamentals and found that the DIR way is the way to go for me. As a matter of fact i will do DIR-F again in June. The things GUE insists on, standardized gear, no deep air, buddy skills etc etc make perfect sense, it makes me cry to see the cluster****s of gear i see on the beach.

I also know that DIR gear doesnt make a diver a DIR diver either.
Do a GUE class and THEN tell me they are full of it.
Most people bashing GUE dont even really know what it is about.

But then again PADI really gives people what they want, a c-card rather than diveskills. And of course the dive industry capitalizes on peoples ignorance. The Spare Death device is a good example.

I dont know enough about IANTD. But to say TDI is better is ridiculous. Look at the dives the GUE teams do!! If they are so full of it why arent they dying like flies??? They must be doing something right?

I agree the acronym DIR is maybe poorly chosen but lets get beyond an acronym shall we.

What exactly is bad in the GUE approach other than the fact that some people just dont like their approach?? Name something that does not make perfect sense.

Does the above explain my comment GUE provides better training?

Ok, rant over, shoot me if you want to
:boom: :boom:

boomx5 once bubbled...

:laugh:

You remind me of GI3's evil twin, or like a Bazarro-Superman or something.

I'm practicing so I can speak their language. It's hard on this board though because I can't swear and call them names.

You know these guys come on here and I guess they think they're spoutin stuff we haven't heard before. If the guy knew some of us he'd know that we'd be happy to hear his ideas on dive training, techniques or whatever. Instead they come around spouting that GI intimidation routine and they think someone is going to listen...why?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom