TDI Extended Range Diving and Introduction to Trimix Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody else read the new version (Rev 3 - 2002)? This is from page 5..

"TDI will not tell you that you can only wear your equipment one way, that it has to be black or that if you breathe air any deeper than a wading pool you will 'narc out'"

O-ring once bubbled...
"TDI will not tell you that you can only wear your equipment one way, that it has to be black or that if you breathe air any deeper than a wading pool you will 'narc out'"

but which part of that is not true???

WW

It goes on to say, "Stop and think, what is education all about? Is it about making someone into a mindless automaton?"

"We don't care if you use low pressure or high pressure cylinders. We don't care if you use a dry suit or a wet suit. We don't care if you breathe the long hose or the short hose. We don't care what color your fins are."

This book is nothing but a TDI attempt to bash/refute DIR! Someone get me a lighter...

O-ring once bubbled...
This book is nothing but a TDI attempt to bash/refute DIR! Someone get me a lighter...

Pass the course, get the card, dive right.

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Pass the course, get the card, dive right.
It is just so funny how they had to toss that extra bit in there "fin color" and "has to be black" and "wading pool"...

Eric

Get the "card" - Then no shop can say you can't get the gas. Get the correct gas for the dive and go dive, have fun. I am trying to do this myself.

Eric

O-ring once bubbled...
It is just so funny how they had to toss that extra bit in there "fin color" and "has to be black" and "wading pool"...

The other tech agencies are getting worried because so many divers are drinking the kool aid.

WW

O-ring once bubbled...
Anybody else read the new version (Rev 3 - 2002)? This is from page 5..

It gets worse. There is no "pulling of punches" on their TDI Insurance FAQ's

Read down to the section about insurance coverage even when teaching other agency's course (all except GUE, that is).

Interesting what corporate fear brings out!

A couple of questions. How is the spelling? And...do they teach you how to do anything or do they let you do it all the way you want.

Chapter titles like this.....

"Gas mangement, How Much Do You Think You Need?"

"Equipment Configuration, Your Guess is as Good as Mine?"

"Nitrogen Narcosis, Practice Makes Perfect"

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
A couple of questions. How is the spelling? And...do they teach you how to do anything or do they let you do it all the way you want.

Chapter titles like this.....

"Gas mangement, How Much Do You Think You Need?"

"Equipment Configuration, Your Guess is as Good as Mine?"

"Nitrogen Narcosis, Practice Makes Perfect"
Yeah, the spelling is a little flaky at times...but nothing as humorous as you describe.

I like the phrase (not exact here, I can't remember it) "Nitrogen is not inert for the purposes of diving. In fact, it can "ert" you very much!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom