Taxi Rate Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrewingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Based on the latest rate card I could find in this forum, it looks like rides within Zone 1 (actually within any zone) are $26. Does that include to and from the passenger ferry dock? I ask because if I remember right for example Mega has an extra charge for rides to and/or from there so I am wondering if something similar applies to the dock.

Based on the latest rate card I could find in this forum, it looks like rides within Zone 1 (actually within any zone) are $26. Does that include to and from the passenger ferry dock? I ask because if I remember right for example Mega has an extra charge for rides to and/or from there so I am wondering if something similar applies to the dock.

The taxi stand by the passenger ferry has a special rate premium on top of regular fares. I needed to use it yesterday and paid 40 pesos instead of 26. That's just one data sample maybe I was overcharged but I think not.

Regards,
Cameron

Based upon El Graduado’s rate card and my non-existent command of the Spanish Language as best as I can tell it’s:

+ $8 MXN for a radio dispatch

+ $8 MXN for a taxi queue or supermarket

+ $12 MXN for a bar or Cantina

+ $12 MXN from midnight to 6 AM

Plus add the fact that their gasoline, which primarily comes out of the same refineries in Houston as I get in North Texas, is now twice the cost as North Texas, $40 MXN ($2 USD) is not real that bad a rate from the pier. Personally I feel bad, knowing how long that they often wait in the pier queue, about about taking a taxi to Chedraui. If I have luggage I typically give them $50 MXN (if I get BS inflated rate demand its back to $35)

upload_2018-11-27_19-20-44.png

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I've got no issue with $40 either, especially with the ~20 to 1 USD rate, wow.

Where is this “latest rate card” that you speak of? Heading to Coz for the first time tomorrow and also don’t want to get ripped off on taxi fares around the island

Where is this “latest rate card” that you speak of? Heading to Coz for the first time tomorrow and also don’t want to get ripped off on taxi fares around the island
On the sticky at the top of this Forum, bare in mind this rate card was from the increase 2 years back and I believe that they will soon have another modest rate increase so I would not be surprised if many may want a little more.
Cozumel FAQ's - Weather, Water temps, Dive Operators, Taxis, and More

Back
Top Bottom