Taxi Fare Update 09/2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So the taxis are getting a fare increase 9/15/2016 and they posted what some of the rates SHOULD be. Weird, I know:

Taxi rates hike

COZUMEL, 25 August.- will increase taxi fares in Cozumel, the measure will take effect from September 15 this year; in the following days will be released more widely tariffs by zones, said Miguel Alonso Marrufo, secretary general of the Union of Taxi Drivers "Adolfo Lopez Mateos".
"I want to report that on Wednesday we went to the city of Chetumal to the e-Communications and Transport for us was delivered the authorization of the rise that we have asked for more than seven months ago, and after all relevant studies we were allowed our rates ranging between five and 20 percent.The rates will be in agreement with the authority, agreed that on September 15 can apply, as it is right now at the stage of printing the ballots , "began the director interviewed.
At present , the minimum fee is charged at 25 pesos in the considered center comprised polygon the boardwalk area to 65 avenue and Boulevard Airport to 11 Sur, with increasing the left without leaving the box cost 26 pesos.
in other areas of central colonies like Emiliano Zapata now will cost 27 pesos, if the user goes from the center to the colony Felix Gonzalez rises to 30 pesos, and while stay away colonies of East raises the cost.
he said he intends to conduct a press conference to publicize all costs the population before it enters into force, and as the new rates are being applied in almost all municipalities in the state, except the municipalities of Isla Mujeres and Cozumel.
He would not elaborate as to costs to be made to the customers after midnight, a time when the cost per trip up various weights, not in the rates now have at bus stops seawall for tourists.
Attributed to increases in parts and fuel combined with the renovation of units, as the factors that led to request the increase.

Is UBER (or one of the many copies) an option in Coz?

Hahahahahahahaha.... You are funny!!

I think you have a while to wait on that. Some Uber peeps willing to be killed will have a bit of a fight...

Mexican Cab Drivers Destroy Uber Vehicles

uber out.jpg

Pity.

Guess I must have been paying tourist rates when I was there. I think it was $5 from Hotel Cozumel to downtown (1km / 0.6mi) last summer. Actually, I didn't think $5 was all that bad - but I'm not exactly a regular cab rider other than vacations where I don't have my own car.

$1.50 would have been even better!

Guess I must have been paying tourist rates when I was there. I think it was $5 from Hotel Cozumel to downtown (1km / 0.6mi) last summer. Actually, I didn't think $5 was all that bad - but I'm not exactly a regular cab rider other than vacations where I don't have my own car.

It's a guarantee that you were paying tourist rates if you were using a currency other than the currency of the country that you were visiting.

I guess if you KNOW the rates, the taxi fares aren't bad. $1.48US around down town?
How do you get that from 40 Pesos?

Hotel Cozumel to Downtown is 60 Pesos, but if you use USD - you will get a poor conversion rate. Most places were giving better than 17:1 last week, but the one taxi I used at Mega used 10:1.

http://www.scubaboard.com/community/attachments/taxi-fares-2-jpg.156932/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom