Tavernier???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conch Republic and Flakeys Dive center will treat you right.

Conch Republic and Florida Keys Dive Center are there and both are good operations from my experience with each of them. Not much shore diving to be found in the Keys. The only place I found is a few miles south of there in Founders Park on Plantation Key off the beach on the bay side. Found it researching my last trip but never checked it out in person. You would do better to ask this question in the Florida Diving section.

Rainbow Reef is also not a bad choice either ---

But i don't know if I would do any shore diving in Florida Bay right now - I tried 2 weeks ago and was freezing with a 3 mil. water temp was registering 66 that day i was told. ocean side was about 10 degrees warmer.

Conch Republic for sure. I work for a dive shop in SFlo and dive with Conch Rep when I am down there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There is no beach diving that I know of in the upper Keys, though NetDoc once posted that you could do a dive in the Penekamp lagoon area where people snorkel from the limestone beach. It did not sound like much fun though especially given that world class reefs and wrecks are only a 20 mintue boat ride away.

On Tavernir, you can find Conch Republic, an excellent dive shop/boat. Don't know what you mean by inexpensive since the term is relative, but they are competitively priced with other ops in the Keys. I don't think any op is overly expensive in the Keys (or anywhere is south Florida for that matter).

If you don't want to dive, go to the History of Diving museum for a few hours and then find a nice outdoor pub and enjoy a brew and some lunch: hang around for a bit longer and listen to some music and then watch the sun set. Or rent a jet ski or take a fishing charter or hang out at the hotel pool.... there's no reason to sit in a hotel room all day!

FYI
The correct spelling is P-A-R-A-D-I-S-E

Best Burger - The Whistle Stop

Not as Good Burger with a much better view - The Lor-e-lei

Best Pizza - Tower of Pizza

Best Fried Chicken - Dions (the Mobile station next to Tower)

And another vote for Conch Republic Divers.

Thanks to you all for the kudos, we really appreciate it. Without you, our loyal customers, we'd not be in business, so thank you all for your continued support. After all as I've always said, "We're really not in the dive business, but the memory business. What else but those great memories do you have after coming home from that great dive trip."

As always if there are any questions anyone has about the Keys, whether you dive with us or not, please don't hesitate to ask. We just want your visit to the Florida Keys to be the best!!

Good Diving,
Capt Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom