Tattoos and popcorn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got three at present, but will be getting two more in the coming year. All are black, no color at all, and all on the arms: tribal scorpion, Mexican folk art skeleton, and a couple of words on the one arm.

I have two, a flower on my toe (OUCH!!!) and a 9-pointed star framed with a tribal design on my lower back. The 9 pointed star represents the 9 gifts of the spirit, love, hope, humility, etc... I got it when I was coming out of a very difficult time in my life, and I wanted to focus on all the good things. I have thought about getting a third, but it hasn't been a priority in my budget lately... lets see... dive or tattoo? LOL

My hips and butt-tocks are where my tats are. I have birds, flowers and the Asian characters for Joy and Pain, and Strength. My last and final tat was from a Chinese Dynasty plate with 5 bats flying around a peach branch. It's called the Five Blessings and represents age, health, wealth, virtue and natural death. All of my tattoos are symbols of feminine beauty and longevity. Very beautiful, very private, and the story of my life. I wear them privately because people fear what they don't understand.

I'm often asked two stupid questions about them. Here are the answers:
Yes it hurt. No you can't touch them.

Lets see so far i have 4 tats , a tribal with a motorcycle chain twiwted into it on my arm , my shoulder has a tropical scene with stone tabilets engraved with Kanji for Extreme life then a water fall off to the side with a motorcycle sprocket coming thru the water . Next is my grim reaper taking up half of my leg , the sith in one hand and a trophy in the other, then at the bottem his robe fades into checkered . Finishing the sock on the other side of my leg is my evil bunny, i was born in the year of the rabbit and the gemini sign on the calf . More to come , just need the time and well need to be in the states where my artist is

Lisa and Bratface...you both seem to have alot of spritual things going on inside...Very refreshing to hear in these days of spritual voids...I found a very strange sense of calm when I was getting mine...But I'm sure there are areas of the body where it feels like "ouch...OUCH...Dammit...OUUCCCHHH:)...Bobby

I've sometimes thought of getting a tattoo but I want to come up with something meaningful; perhaps a custom design? Lisa & Bratface have given me some ideas, but I won't copy them.

Supernal:
I've sometimes thought of getting a tattoo but I want to come up with something meaningful; perhaps a custom design? Lisa & Bratface have given me some ideas, but I won't copy them.
Meaningfull is the only way to do it . Mine all have meaning and plenty of thought behind them , some more than others , and yes custom , once again only way . Never get anything off the wall and find a great artist and shop you like and trust .

I have 11 tatts. Mostly oceanic stuff (no, not the company). 3 sharks, octopus, Misc. fish.

I did like everyone else - "Oh, I'll just get one small one and that will be it..." Famous last words. The octopus covers my right upper chest/shoulder and about 25% of my back..... These things are addictive, and it doesn't hurt to know an artist!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom