Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No they are not ... the Worthington HP100's are spec'ed at 1.3 lbs lighter weight than the Faber HP100's, and about 2 lbs less buoyant ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yep - have the Worthington HP 100's myself. :)

I agree with Jax and NWGratefuldiver, the HP100s work really well. I used 95's for my cave training, some 13 different dives, and when I switched to HP100's have subsequently had a much better experience. I think the tank choice has a lot to do with with your body structure and height. Finding the right match requires experimenting. Find a way to try different set-ups and then make your decision. Another guy I met during my training, who was an expert loved his 95's. It's about making the right match-tank to body.

PD

Good thread... I agree with Bob and Jax as well -- just ordered a 2nd HP100 for my sidemount rig, with a left-hand valve (was going for LP77's, however, been diving the HP100 for years, and it has the perfect buoyancy/size characteristics for me).

Question... is there any good reason/advantage at all to going with two right hand valves in sidemount?

Question... is there any good reason/advantage at all to going with two right hand valves in sidemount?

IMO NO!!! It would be a disadvantage for me as I use loop bungees and like my tanks to be uniform.. Would it be the end of the world? NO, but it would make things a little off as I would have one of the valves on top and one on the bottom.

Are ring bungees or continuous bungees a better option for 2 right hand valves? If so, why? Thanks.

FWIW. I have two valves (right-handed?) because I also dive them single. I understand the mirror effect of the valves, but haven't had a problem with one valve up and one down. Now, when you get to the level of the restricted cave divers on this forum, you might rethink.

Tapatalk by Droid

Are ring bungees or continuous bungees a better option for 2 right hand valves? If so, why? Thanks.

Meh, I use bunggees. It is a personal preference thing.

Tapatalk by Droid

FWIW. I have two valves (right-handed?) because I also dive them single. I understand the mirror effect of the valves, but haven't had a problem with one valve up and one down. Now, when you get to the level of the restricted cave divers on this forum, you might rethink.

Tapatalk by Droid

Jax, is there a reason why you wouldn't want to dive a left handed valve backmounted? I'm looking at starting sidemount once I get a few (read: few dozen) more dives in and was planning on just getting left and right handed ones and diving them backmount as needed.

Aside from letting your buddy know and practicing with it a bit I don't see it being a huge issue.

Plus I'd also probably label them with red and green tape for port/starboard since I'm a rower.

Tapatalk by Droid
I understand.

However, would a left-hand valve create any issues if you dove it single? And, if not, it would just seem to make sense to order one of a pair w/ left hand... no?

I understand.

However, would a left-hand valve create any issues if you dove it single? And, if not, it would just seem to make sense to order one of a pair w/ left hand... no?

is there a reason why you wouldn't want to dive a left handed valve backmounted?

BKP if you can order with R/L valves and you do plan to SM there is absolutely no reason not to.

Left hand valves make NO difference in backmount. I backmount my HP100's all the time and they are R/L valves. Boat charter captains will grap it and go "Woah"

The only problem I had was I was on a boat and the captain went to check my air as I was jumping in the water and he turned my AIR OFF because thought it had to be turned the other way. I guess he thought he was helping me out :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom