Tank wall mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCrecdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

What does everyone do to keep tanks upright when placed against a wall with some foot traffic?
I was thinking of mounting a rail against the wall with few bungee loops to pull over the tank valves. Wouldn't mind spending a bit of money on something that might look better than what I'd be able to put together...

If you want elegance and flexibility, it would be hard to beat L-Track variant$$$: https://www.uscargocontrol.com/collections/airline-straps-hardware

A run of 1-by board (1" nominal, 3/4" finished), screwed to bridge the studs, with some pad eyes to tie the bungee loops to should do the trick for relative pennies.
www.amazon.com/TERMATH-Stainless-Ceiling-Marine-Hardware/dp/B07SNH9JFY
8184ZqRtj-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Stain or paint the board for that HGTV special touch ...

I've seen people use pool-noodles (or pipe insulation) to add some cushion, if (for example) the rack is on a boat or car.

I've used these D-rings for a variety of purposes, they're VERY heavy-duty. You can also use moly-bolts if you need more serious wall-anchors. I haven't used these specifically for tanks, but I have used them with webbing-hardware for heavy-duty uses.

I've been meaning to build something myself, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think for mine, I'd like to slide-out the tanks, and have a shelf on top. At the moment I'm dealing with very limited space. I'll be watching this thread to see what other people come up with.

SS boat cleats with marine quality rope will look pretty sharp, IYAM, and reinforce the nautical spirit of things.

I've used these D-rings for a variety of purposes, they're VERY heavy-duty.

I also use these D-rings because I lke that they can fold flat against the wall when not being used. I know I have brushed up against them more than once that would have left me on the ground crying if they were a rigid item like @-JD- recommended.

As a bonus you can use the leftovers to mount to the top of a rigid tool box (here) to hold your drysuit bags or other accessories while walking down the docks.

I also use these D-rings because I lke that they can fold flat against the wall when not being used. I know I have brushed up against them more than once that would have left me on the ground crying if they were a rigid item like @-JD- recommended.

As a bonus you can use the leftovers to mount to the top of a rigid tool box (here) to hold your drysuit bags or other accessories while walking down the docks.
While true, that also makes it a pain to hook a strap in some instances. If you are balancing a bunch of round bottom steels with one hand while trying to hook the strap, the rigid ones are much easier to snag one handed.

There are pluses and minuses to everything.

While true, that also makes it a pain to hook a strap in some instances. If you are balancing a bunch of round bottom steels with one hand while trying to hook the strap, the rigid ones are much easier to snag one handed.

There are pluses and minuses to everything.

Very true. I dont have round bottom tanks (if I do they have a boot on them) so that isn't something I had considered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom