Tank tumbler video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicely done OP.

I did an impromptu one with 4 casters purchased from CHICOMfrieght and used a 1' ss rod to replace one axel. Rod driven by drill.
One day I will set up a motor to drive it.

Aquarium worked for some heavily rusted tanks I had. I found Evapo Rust works better to cut the nasty stuff first, then use aquarium gravel, then aluminum oxide blast media (tumbled).

Last time I did this was on old 1/2" ngt tanks..good times.

Interesting about evaporust. Did you use it with the gravel, or prior?

Prior/first step. I let it set for a bit standing to treat the bottom of the tank, then I tumbled it fast. The stuff isn't cheap, so I did this to stretch it's use.

No rust in my tank, but pitting, maybe aquarium gravel, like quartz, works better than the smooth one i had in my aquarium?

No rust in my tank, but pitting, maybe aquarium gravel, like quartz, works better than the smooth one i had in my aquarium?
Odd there would be pittng but no rust. Did you buy it used?

yes, used. Hydro is OK, VIS too, but i would like to get it better inside

yes, used. Hydro is OK, VIS too, but i would like to get it better inside
How much time left on the hydro? It sounds like you may have a tank that was fairly rusty and then tumbled. I doubt you'll free yourself from deep pits.
I'm Leary because the hydro may have preceded a heavy rusting event. In which case, you may have a lemon.
How well do you know the seller, and has it passed a visual since you've had it?

hydro is 2 1/2 years from now ,so in 2021, and VIS was last January 2019.
I used an SS brush inside drived by a drill , to clean the bottom and body of the tank and one for the neck. The bottom had some rust when i bought it. The sides, piting.
I bought it, from my instructor, so did not open it, until i needed to change the neck O ring, and found that it was not so good. Lesson learned the hard way....

Reads like you can see some rust in the pits and rest of the tank is ok.. I had this and used the coarse aquarium gravel. I filled the tank half way for best results.
You might be better of using an acid or evaporust to get in the recesses easier.

Eta: typed before your post above. Dagnabbit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom