tank to tank cross over equalizer whip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right-o.

So, pmcnulty, the answer is yes but no. Yes you can equalize a tank, no you can't practically fill an empty tank using a full tank and a crossover.

Hmmm, I've been thinking about this a bit for the last few days. For a set of doubles (2 x E7-100) with 1500 PSI, if I did a transfill from a single E7-100 with 3500 PSI I figure I would get about 2400 PSI in the doubles. Is that accurate? That could be worthwhile, giving me about 140 CF for my second dive in this particular scenario

How long does it take to do a transfill like I've described above?

Thanks,

Mark

No, you'd get about 2167 or so. To add one psi to the doubles would require 2 psi from the single.

Heh, I'm not that CRAZY. The thought was to do a quick top up between dives on my doubles.

Yeah, that makes sense. 2 PSI in my single for every 1 in my doubles.

I'm actually thinking of getting a whip for Argon, so the mind starts to wander as to what else I could do with it. All kinds of dangerous things it turns out :crafty:

Mark

Bob3:
It sounds to me like he wants to dive "un-independent doubles", using the x-filler whip underwater while he's diving.
I sure wouldn't recommend it, if that's the case.

Now there's an idea that makes sense! If you take an AL80 with 3000psi of argon on a trip, that's enough to give you a couple fills (or more if you're using the low pressure Lux argon tank) or you could use it to purge your suit before each dive. Bring two and share and be the most popular guy on the boat!

Back
Top Bottom