Tank storage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bober99:
rent a storage unit and store it there? seems like the best solution.
Don't storage facilities also prohibit "gas" cylinder storage?

You don't have to worry about the COLD. The only thing it will do is reduce the pressure inside the tank until the tank warms back up. The heat will increase the pressure & direct sunlight on the tanks should be avoided when stored in the car (as in, shining through the window onto the tanks). The burst disk, if properly working, should keep the tanks from going BOOM.

You might want to introduce your land lady to your boa & ask her about keeping the tanks in your apartment while holding the boa up in front of her face so she can "get to know him/her". (Big grin)

James

She'd have a heart attack and/or kill me if she knew about the boa constrictor :wink: If it's fine to keep the tanks in the car if it won't hurt them or me. I like to have ballast in the trunk when it's snowy anyway. Thanks for the input everybody :D

Have your landlady get certified to dive. Once she gets "the bug" she will have ore cylinders than you...

She's in her 80's! I'll ask her if I can bring the tanks in and if she says no they can live in the car. Besides if I act all sweet and innocent and law-abiding she won't suspect the wee propane cylinder or the giant snake and his 7 friends :wink:
Oh, ummm what do I tell my insurance company if one of them is bad and does go boom in my car, hypotheticlly speaking?

Gidds:
She's in her 80's! I'll ask her if I can bring the tanks in and if she says no they can live in the car. Besides if I act all sweet and innocent and law-abiding she won't suspect the wee propane cylinder or the giant snake and his 7 friends :wink:
Oh, ummm what do I tell my insurance company if one of them is bad and does go boom in my car, hypotheticlly speaking?
Tell the cops you got carjacked by a crazed diver who threatened you with a scuba tank. :D But they won't go boom in your car. That said, try to convince your 80 year old landlady that your scubatanks are no threat, 'cause its easier to not have them get screwed around by all the crap you might want to carry in your trunk. Often if people are reasonable there are ways to work around lease agreement language. Worth a shot at least...

Back
Top Bottom